Glenn Close joins the cast for season 2 of 'Tehran' on Apple TV+, premiering May 6

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple TV+ provided a first look at "Tehran" season 2 with Glenn Close joining the cast and a May 6 premiere date.

'Tehran' returns on May 6
'Tehran' returns on May 6

"Tehran" season 2 continues the story of a Mossad agent played by Niv Sultan, who goes deep undercover on a dangerous mission in Tehran. Other returning cast members include Shaun Toub and Shervin Alenabi.

Two-time Emmy Award winner Glenn Close joins the cast for season 2. It premieres the first two episodes on May 6, with each new episode airing every Friday.

AppleInsider reviewed "Tehran" as a first-rate Israeli spy series. We called it "an immensly thrilling show that's compeltely unlike anything Apple TV+ has debuted so far."

You can watch the entire first season of "Tehran" and season 2 when it premieres on May 6 on Apple TV+. Customers can subscribe for $4.99 per month or via any tier of the Apple One subscription bundle.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    The photo... can't find it on IMDB. Is that from Tehran or something else?  What movie/show is it from (if not Tehran) and who is the other actress?  
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Detnator said:
    The photo... can't find it on IMDB. Is that from Tehran or something else?  What movie/show is it from (if not Tehran) and who is the other actress?  
    It’s from Tehran. Specifically it’s from the Apple press release announcing Season 2. 

• Reply 3 of 7
    A. I'm looking forward to Season 2.
    B. Glenn Close is beginning to look Mrs. Doubtfire.
    bakerzdosenlolliverwilliamh
  • Reply 4 of 7
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    This show was the very first thing I watched when I finally got Apple TV+, and one of the things I liked the most about this it was that all of the actors were previously unknown to me. I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but this announcement does not make me happy. 
    edited February 2022 bakerzdosen
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Other than being excited that it’s finally back for s.2, not sure how I feel about this announcement. I think I’m indifferent because any time you introduce a new character (actor) that could end up being a good move or a bad move (for a bunch of reasons. The risk of Ms. Close putting in a poor performance is low, but with an actor of her stature and reputation you encounter a completely different set of risks such as trying to force her into the spotlight because that’s what you’re supposed to do with such a famous actor.)

So only time will tell if this is a good move or not.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,294member
    I liked Tehran and hope AppleTV has more international productions.  Tehran shares some DNA with another great Israeli show Fauda, both created by Moshe Zander.

AppleTV needs to show it is an international brand by doing more of this.
    lolliverwilliamh
  • Reply 7 of 7
    DetnatorDetnator Posts: 287member
    Detnator said:
    It’s from Tehran. Specifically it’s from the Apple press release announcing Season 2. 

Thanks for the info!