Facebook Messenger, Instagram updated with new features on iOS

Posted:
in General Discussion
Meta has updated the Facebook Messenger app with Vanish Mode and a Split Payments features while also providing updates to Instagram for Safer Internet Day.

Facebook Messenger gets Split Payments feature
Facebook Messenger gets Split Payments feature

The Facebook Messenger update focuses on new features that enhance users' control over message content. For example, voice messages can now be 30 minutes in length, and Vanish Mode brings Snapchat-style messaging.

Vanish Mode makes messages disappear as soon as they are seen. This includes sent text, GIFs, stickers or reactions.

The Split Payments feature enables a group of friends to split a bill evenly or customize the amount each person owes. In a group chat, the Split Payment request is sent with a personalized message, and members who don't have payment details entered can easily do so from the prompt.

Instagram's new Security Checkup feature is rolling out to users
Instagram's new Security Checkup feature is rolling out to users

First reported by 9to5Mac, Instagram's new features are focused on promoting Safer Internet Day. Security Checkup guides users through the steps needed to secure their accounts. The Your Activity feature gives users the ability to bulk manage content, interactions, and more.

Instagram also announced an upcoming feature that will let friends confirm a person's identity when locked out of their account.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Safer Internet Day!  HA!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    How about a privacy feature?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    Wow, so Facebook adds a feature that lets them know where you are, with whom, and how much you’re spending? 

That’s awesome! 

In a world where people are constantly complaining that they never need the basic maths they learned in school, it all makes sense. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    The day I pay for anything in FB or IG is the day after I'm dead and someone has hacked my account.
    edited February 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    The day I pay for anything in FB or IG is the day after I'm dead and someone has hacked my account.
    Well, as it is, you're already paying, every day.
    edited February 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    spheric said:
    Well, as it is, you're already paying, every day.
    No, I'm not.
    watto_cobra