Apple launches new book club dubbed 'Strombo's Lit'

Posted:
in General Discussion edited February 2022
Bookworms in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia now can check out Apple's new book club, curated by Apple Music host George "Strombo" Stroumboulopoulos.

Image Credit: Apple
Image Credit: Apple

Stroumboulopoulos joined up with Apple in 2020 as an Apple Music Hits live radio host. He hosts "Strombo," a show that connects listeners to musical artists.

On Tuesday, he announced the launch of "Strombo's Lit" on his show and Twitter.

Hey hey Hope you're all having a great day I'm really excited about this. We're starting a book club friends! Conversations, connections, giveaways. Check it out.

First up is Neal Stephenson's "Termination Shock". https://t.co/mdeRwmQnaD @AppleBooks @HarperCollinsCa pic.twitter.com/ZgpcRDAAUU

-- George StroumbouloPHulos (@strombo)

This is far from Strobo's first metaphorical rodeo, though. For more than a decade, he hosted a Canadian talk show where he would interview up to five authors a week. Notable authors included Maya Angelou, Gore Vidal, and Cornel West.

"Strombo's Lit" won't have a defined wheelhouse, either. Instead, the host has a wide range of interests, noting, "I get as much out of Bruce Lee and Howard Zinn as I get out of Stephen King and Eldridge Cleaver and Kathy Acker."

"If we want a better culture, we've got to understand each other a little bit better," he continues on the "Strombo's Lit" page in the Books app. "One of the ways we can do that is by reading each other's stories."

Apple is quick clarify that "Strombo's Lit" isn't meant to replace the curated lists already available in the Books app, TechCrunch points out.

The first book will be Neal Stephenson's "Termination Shock".

Read on AppleInsider