Steve Jobs and Apple auction includes rare memorabilia, autographs, computers

Posted:
in General Discussion
A new auction with 41 Apple-dedicated lots has opened with everything from an autographed Apple II to various Steve Jobs business cards.

Apple and Steve Jobs auction has opened up for bids
Apple and Steve Jobs auction has opened up for bids

The RR Auction called "The Steve Jobs Revolution: Engelbart, Atari, and Apple" holds many historic documents and objects related to the computer revolution of the 1980s. The Steve Jobs 1978 business card already has three bids at $330 with an estimated $6,000 final bid.

The lots range from estimated final bids of $200 to $55,000, so it is possible to get a piece of Apple history for less than the cost of a new iPad.

Some of the items available in the auction include:
  • Steve Jobs 1971 signed high school yearbook valued at $50,000
  • Steve Jobs signed issue of Macworld valued at $50,000
  • Apple-1 Computer operating manual valued at $20,000
  • Steve Jobs Pixar business card valued at $5,000
  • Apple-produced 1978 "Startrek" game casset valued at $600
  • Apple II Plus jigsaw puzzle valued at $400
  • Ronald Wayne typed letter, signed valued at $200
Some of the auction items include NFT versions of the lot. For example, the Steve Jobs Atari job application and NFT are set at a starting bid of $20,000 with an estimated $300,000 value. It was previously valued at $175,000 without an NFT.

The auction has 67 items total with 41 lots featuring historic Apple products or memorabilia. The auction is open and bids have begun, with bids ending on all items in the collection on March 17, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. Eastern.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak really did put a dent in the universe. Maybe that’s why Apple memorabilia is coveted
    byronlwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    byronlbyronl Posts: 362member
    i wish i could buy anything from that
    all those are historic items 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    JWSCJWSC Posts: 1,203member
    I’ve got an original “A Guided Tour of Macintosh” cassette new in box (NIB) still in it’s plastic wrap - 1983 Windham Hill Productions. It came with my original 128K Mac I got while in college.

I could be persuaded to part with it - for a price.  ;)
    byronlwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    I guess I have a bit of a Think Different perspective on this stuff.  No matter Steve Jobs or Rembrandt or whomever, if it doesn’t have intrinsic value close to equal its price, it’s not for me.  I’m not saying there’s not historic value, it’s just that I don’t need to be the caretaker of these items.  Let museums or other people store them and preserve them for the world; it’s plenty enough in my view that they exist somewhere in the world.  

I subscribe to the comedian Steven Wright’s philosophy, best illustrated with his seashell-collection joke:

I have the world’s largest seashell collection. You may have seen it, I keep it spread out on beaches all over the world. 
    edited February 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 5
    JWSC said:
    I’ve got an original “A Guided Tour of Macintosh” cassette new in box (NIB) still in it’s plastic wrap - 1983 Windham Hill Productions. It came with my original 128K Mac I got while in college.

I could be persuaded to part with it - for a price.  ;)

damn you're so lucky
    watto_cobra