See how much Apple's campus design has changed in 30 years

Posted:
in General Discussion
A new set of images from an architecture firm prove that Apple's campus designs have changed as much as the design of its actual products.

Credit: a3 Workplace Strategies

The images depict some of the interior and exterior designs seen in Apple's old Infinite Loop campus in Cupertino, California. Apple used the Infinite Loop campus from 1993 until 2017, when it began moving operations to Apple Park.

"An industry pioneer, Robin Weckesser directed the design and construction of multiple domestic and international projects for Apple, among them Apple's owned headquarters, as well as the Infinite Loop R&D Campus in Cupertino, CA," according to the site.

Compared to Apple's current office designs, the aesthetics of the Infinite Loop campus feel much less modern. There's little sign of the company's current minimalist industrial design language. Some photos, for example, show off interesting prints and colorful fabrics on the furniture.

The design of Apple's Infinite Loop campus resembles a university, with buildings arranged around various green spaces.

While Apple is no longer headquartered at Infinite Loop, the company still uses the campus as both office and laboratory space. Apple Park is about an eight-minute drive away from the old campus.

As with Apple's current corporate headquarters, the company maintains an Apple Store location at One Infinite Loop that sells both Apple hardware and souvenirs. It's the only part of the old headquarters that is available to visit by the public.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Dead_PoolDead_Pool Posts: 121member
    I think that Beagle designed my Performa 6115CD
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Dead_Pool said:
    Perhaps...  but it looks more like a Bassett Hound to me.
    JWSCwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    To be fair, a lot of Infinite Loop no longer looked that way in its latter day HQ days.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    Dead_Pool said:
    Perhaps...  but it looks more like a Bassett Hound to me.
    Must have been a “Bring Your Own Basset” (BYOB) day at the office. 
    fred1OctoMonkey
  • Reply 5 of 6
    hammeroftruthhammeroftruth Posts: 1,309member
    To be fair, a lot of Infinite Loop no longer looked that way in its latter day HQ days.
    The old campus store had that 80’s feel to it. 
    The bathrooms by badging reminded you of OSX aqua and had the wire trash cans that you saw in early versions of OSX. 
    They had a lot of shirts and jackets that were cool. Sad that they don’t make that kind of stuff anymore. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member

They had a lot of shirts and jackets that were cool. Sad that they don’t make that kind of stuff anymore. 
    I agree. I have a mug and a wooden box of colored pencils that I got there a few years ago. I was at both the old and new stores a few months ago and all they had were very expensive t-shirts and a couple of other overpriced things. All of this stuff is outsourced so how about something for smaller budgets?
    watto_cobra