Apple rumored to be cutting iPhone SE orders following weak demand

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    opinion said:
    M68000 said:
    opinion said:
    I would have bought a SE to switch from my 13 mini (although I like the smaller size of the mini) if it had not been for that same computational photography madness that is now in the SE too. No idea to buy another iPhone which produces horrible pictures in the after processing. Such a disappointment of where Apple has taken photography.
    If photos are so important to you,  just pick up a dlsr or go mirrorless with a real camera ?
    Well, is that how Apple communicates how the cameras are in their new iPhones? I mean do they say: "If photos are important to you, don´t buy an iPhone". No, rather the opposite, they go on about how great they are but in fact, they got bad at least software wise with all this computational photography that you even can´t turn off. A surprisingly bad new direction from Apple.
    Can't you just pull the RAW data?
  • Reply 22 of 31
    opinionopinion Posts: 103member
    Can't you just pull the RAW data?
    Just tell me how to do that on a iPhone 13 mini. 
  • Reply 23 of 31
    opinion said:
    M68000 said:
    opinion said:
    I would have bought a SE to switch from my 13 mini (although I like the smaller size of the mini) if it had not been for that same computational photography madness that is now in the SE too. No idea to buy another iPhone which produces horrible pictures in the after processing. Such a disappointment of where Apple has taken photography.
    If photos are so important to you,  just pick up a dlsr or go mirrorless with a real camera ?
    Well, is that how Apple communicates how the cameras are in their new iPhones? I mean do they say: "If photos are important to you, don´t buy an iPhone". No, rather the opposite, they go on about how great they are but in fact, they got bad at least software wise with all this computational photography that you even can´t turn off. A surprisingly bad new direction from Apple.
    Just buy the Halide app. Provides much more control.
  • Reply 24 of 31

Again, is this how Apple communicates? I mean do they say, ”if you want good photos don’t use our camera app”.? No, rather the opposite. It is misleading and a very sad new direction from Apple.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    opinion said:

Again, is this how Apple communicates? I mean do they say, ”if you want good photos don’t use our camera app”.? No, rather the opposite. It is misleading and a very sad new direction from Apple.
    Apple isn't misleading when they use their camera app for good photos. Most people think photos take with Apple's camera app are good. I use Apple's camera app most of the time. Apple has to make their app so most people can use it to get good photos. Some people, including professionals like access to more controls and the raw data. Apple can't offer all that control in their app as it would get in the way for most people. Further, we will likely never get the same controls, image quality or versility with Apple cameras as professional equipment. Even the flash isn't adequate for many things a professional wants to do. This is physics. Professionals do amazing things with Apple equipment, so Apple isn't being misleading. I'm in no way a professional, however I do have several camera apps to play with. One is a slit scan, motion blur, and others for the old school camera effects.

It doesn't appear the SE or iPhone mini can do raw files.
    edited March 2022
  • Reply 26 of 31
    opinion said:

Apple isn't misleading when they use their camera app for good photos. Most people think photos take with Apple's camera app are good. I use Apple's camera app most of the time. Apple has to make their app so most people can use it to get good photos. Some people, including professionals like access to more controls and the raw data. Apple can't offer all that control in their app as it would get in the way for most people. Further, we will likely never get the same controls, image quality or versility with Apple cameras as professional equipment. Even the flash isn't adequate for many things a professional wants to do. This is physics. Professionals do amazing things with Apple equipment, so Apple isn't being misleading. I'm in no way a professional, however I do have several camera apps to play with. One is a slit scan, motion blur, and others for the old school camera effects.

Well, I got what I saw in the viewfinder with my SE 1:st gen. With the 13 mini it is not the case, this after processing that you can’t control or shut off simply destroys the pictures especially pictures of people.
    edited March 2022
  • Reply 27 of 31
    opinion said:
    opinion said:

Well, I got what I saw in the viewfinder with my SE 1:st gen. With the 13 mini it is not the case, this after processing that you can’t control or shut off simply destroys the pictures especially pictures of people.
    With al the reviews of Apple's equipment, I have never seen one report their photos were destroyed. Maybe your phone is defective. Maybe there is some setting that need to be set or reset. I don't know. I do know I get good photos, many people get good photos, and that professionals do use Apple equipment to get excellent results. I would contact tech support to see what you can do.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Dude, I think he got the message.  If this is annoying you day after day so much that you're scouring the internet for fellow victims then it would really benefit you to just buy the Halide app.