Apple TV+ dark comedy 'Physical' season two premieres June 3

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple TV+ has provided a first look at season two of "Physical" before it debuts on June 3.

Rose Byrne in season two of 'Physical'
Rose Byrne in season two of 'Physical'

"Physical" is a dark comedy series following Sheila Rubin, played by Rose Byrne, as she builds a fitness empire in the 80s. Season two picks up just as Sheila's first fitness video has launched.

Murray Bartlett has joined the cast as Vincent "Vinnie" Green, a charismatic fitness instructor, weight loss guru, and pioneer of the late-night infomercial. He will serve as a rival to Byrne's character on her journey as an entrepreneur.

"Physical" season two will have 10 episodes with the first premiering on June 3, followed by one new episode each Friday. Customers can watch all of season one now with an Apple TV+ subscription, which is $4.99 per month or is included with every tier of the Apple One subscription bundle.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Dead_PoolDead_Pool Posts: 122member
    “Dark comedy” is usually a euphemism for something that is not only not funny, but also a depression fest. I’ll pass.
    M68000watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    lolliverlolliver Posts: 495member
    Dead_Pool said:
    “Dark comedy” is usually a euphemism for something that is not only not funny, but also a depression fest. I’ll pass.
    I don't think your Dead Pool avatar suites your comment.  :D

I don't really think the term "Dark Comedy" suits this show though. Yes there were a few laughs but it's really more a drama. I really enjoyed it but if you're looking for a comedy then this wouldn't be the show for you. 
    Xedwatto_cobraDead_PoolStrangeDays
  • Reply 3 of 4
    XedXed Posts: 2,566member
    American Psycho, Bad Santa, The Cabin in the Woods, Fargo, Fight Club, Get Out, Knives Out, Pain & Gain, Parasite, Pulp Fiction, and Very Bad Things readily come to mind as popular dark comedies that I've enjoyed. I love that genre. This Friday is the season finale of Severance on Apple TV+, a brilliant dark comedy.
    edited April 2022 lolliverwatto_cobrafreeassociate2
  • Reply 4 of 4
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    Dead_Pool said:
    Hey thanks for sharing your feedback on something you've also not watched whatsoever. Super useful!

I've actually seen the show in question. We liked it! Not really a comedy as others said.