Consumers are overwhelmed by streaming options, but aren't cutting back

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    DAalseth said:
    I am in the minority on both fronts...  I do not love the experience and plan on reducing my streaming services from one to none (adios Apple TV+).  This also reflects my general distaste in paying for TV.  I cancelled my cable service 15 years ago and have not missed it (nor have I missed the bills!).
    I don't really watch TV at all. My partner does though. We seem to have adopted a 'serial subscription' model. We were on Netflix. When that content seemed to get stale, we dropped them and went to Acorn. When we'd done that for a while we dropped them and got Paramount. They changed their offerings so we dropped them and are now on BritBox. We've had at most two services at a time, but if we find we aren't using one, it's gone. 
    I think it's pretty easy to get in to a pattern of running services in 3 month blocks as they drop new feature content. That way I never have more than 2 services on the go at any time. Usually Netflix and another but for the first time will pause Netflix as it's getting a bit stale. 
    DAalseth
  • Reply 22 of 23
    SpitbathSpitbath Posts: 91member
    M68000 said:
    “Television is chewing gum for the eyes” - Frank Lloyd Wright

one of many great Wright quotes.   The point being,  be careful how you spend your time when you could be doing other things. That said,  having streaming services is a good thing. But it’s only worth so much time and money.
    Frank Lloyd Wright is one of the last people to ask about user-centered anything. 
    Frank Lloyd Wright also never participated in social experiments that find people who chew gum are perceived as more attractive. 

• Reply 23 of 23
    JWSCJWSC Posts: 1,203member
    We’ve got three generation living in our household and the TV streaming services have gotten out of hand.  It’s my fault.  I’m trying to please everyone, except my bank account is suffering for it.

Apple TV+
    Netflix
    Paramount+
    Amazon Prime
    Disney+
    HBO Max (thru AT&T cellular plan)

On top of that the grandparents insist on a DirecTV subscription that no one else uses.

It’s out of control.  :s