Apple Original 'Severance' cast and crew attend finale event

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
An Apple TV+ red carpet event held on Monday celebrates the season finale of Apple Original thriller "Severance," with Ben Stiller and Patricia Arquette in attendance.

Image Credit: Apple

The event took place at the Director's Guild of America Theater in Los Angeles, with a screening of the final episode of the show's first season.

Afterward, the screening concluded with a panel discussion featuring director Ben Stiller and creator Dan Erickson. Also in attendance were stars Patricia Arquette, Adam Scott, Britt Lower, Zach Cherry, Trammel Tillman, Dichen Lachman, Jen Tullock, Michael Chernus, and Yup Vazquez. Judd Apatow moderated the event.

Directed by Ben Stiller, "Severance" is a show that plays on the idea of keeping work separate from the rest of an employee's life by separating the memories of the two via an experimental procedure.

The show follows Mark, a team leader at Lemon Industries, who finds himself questioning the true nature of his work.

The idea for the show first stemmed from Erickson, who had a string of office jobs, including one in a "weird little windowless office."

Erickson found it mind-numbing and wished there was a way he could disassociate until it was time to clock off.

"Severance" first premiered on February 18, and the nine-episode series is now fully available to watch on Apple TV+. The series was renewed up for a second season in early April.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Lemon Industries? 🍋 😅 I think you mean Lumon. 
    StrangeDaysgregoriusmwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 11
    XedXed Posts: 2,570member
    Series with cliffhangers can be very annoying (e.g.: Lost), but this one is brilliantly done. I’m glad S02 has already been green lit.

Apple TV+ is still very new to the scene (launched Nov 2019) and yet it also feels like it’s very mature. I can’t even imagine what another 2 years will bring.

Lemon Industries? ߍ렰 I think you mean Lumon. 
    You made your first post to point out an autocorrection typo? :sigh:
    edited April 2022 StrangeDaysgregoriusmsconosciutowatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 11
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,886member
    The last two episodes were so thrilling. The finale was SUPER intense. I was yelling at the TV! 

Needless to say, cannot wait for the next season.
    gregoriusmsconosciutoGG1doalwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 11
    rezwitsrezwits Posts: 879member
    The last two episodes were so thrilling. The finale was SUPER intense. I was yelling at the TV! 

Needless to say, cannot wait for the next season.
    Sucks we have to wait till next "year" (season) for more, but man, this year was so SILLY!

Silly as in so amazeballs, I honestly can't get enough and have such high hopes!  But as one stated the cliffhangers, but YES they are like insane cliffhangers where you WANT them to break to a whole next episode or season for that matter!!!

I'll probably watch the Season Finale one more time, and then one more before the next season starts...
    sconosciutoGG1StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 11
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    I’m pretty much in awe at how perfectly Apple has timed things up with TV+. For the longest time it was just a new show here, a new documentary or film there. Then, all of a sudden, boom! They put out arguably the 4 best shows* (imo) on all of television at the exact same time that CODA wins Best Picture? To me, that’s neither luck nor coincidence. What it is is damn impressive. 

*Severance, Ptolemy Grey, Pachinko, and Slow Horses. 
    sconosciutoGG1doalwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Japhey said:
    I’m pretty much in awe at how perfectly Apple has timed things up with TV+. For the longest time it was just a new show here, a new documentary or film there. Then, all of a sudden, boom! They put out arguably the 4 best shows* (imo) on all of television at the exact same time that CODA wins Best Picture? To me, that’s neither luck nor coincidence. What it is is damn impressive. 

I'm not surprised at all. Apple tried for many years to negotiate its way into the TV business and came up with nothing, because TV/film execs are not idiots like music suits were. So Apple had to reach for the last resort: build up its own studio, which is exactly what they are doing. It's hella expensive, and Apple has no vault of classic films nor a decades-long reputation in the business.

It's a colossal undertaking, perhaps second only to trying to break into the auto business. But, the only organization with more money to put into building up a studio than Apple would be the US government. Apple can do it and is doing it right before our eyes.

I predict within the next five to eight years, Apple will buy one of the major studios, that will give them the established franchises and classic films they lack.

If Apple can pull off creating a TV/film studio practically from scratch and muscle its way into this exclusive club, then by all rights AAPL should go into the stratosphere because it means they can certainly figure out how to break their way into the auto biz too.
    edited April 2022 doalwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 11
    oh and if you're not watching "Severance"... why not? Fucking brilliant.
    doalwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Was Adam Scott in the men’s room? 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Was Adam Scott in the men’s room? 
    He was having a waffle party with John Turturro. 
    doalwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 11
    GG1GG1 Posts: 483member
    Japhey said:

Severance immediately reminded me of that American 90's show Twin Peaks - quirky with unexpected turns.

Slow Horses has captivated me also.

I'll have to check out Ptolemy Grey, Pachinko, Coda, and a few others. AppleTV is coming into its own now. Again the long play is working.
    doalStrangeDaysrezwitswatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Japhey said:

I'm not surprised at all. Apple tried for many years to negotiate its way into the TV business and came up with nothing, because TV/film execs are not idiots like music suits were. So Apple had to reach for the last resort: build up its own studio, which is exactly what they are doing. It's hella expensive, and Apple has no vault of classic films nor a decades-long reputation in the business.

It's a colossal undertaking, perhaps second only to trying to break into the auto business. But, the only organization with more money to put into building up a studio than Apple would be the US government. Apple can do it and is doing it right before our eyes.

I predict within the next five to eight years, Apple will buy one of the major studios, that will give them the established franchises and classic films they lack.

If Apple can pull off creating a TV/film studio practically from scratch and muscle its way into this exclusive club, then by all rights AAPL should go into the stratosphere because it means they can certainly figure out how to break their way into the auto biz too.
    A≠B
    Making cars is not the same as making movies/tv. Likewise, being successful in one venture does not automatically mean they will be successful in another. 

I never said I was surprised. I said I was in awe. 
    edited April 2022