Apple TV+ shares first trailer for 'Tehran' season two

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited April 2022
The Apple TV+ international espionage thriller "Tehran" gets its first trailer for season two showcasing Glenn Close as a mysterious individual helping the main character.

'Tehran' season two debuts May 6, 2022
'Tehran' season two debuts May 6, 2022

"Tehran" debuted in September 2020 with great critical acclaim and even took home an International Emmy for Best Drama Series. The second season begins on May 6, 2022 with two episodes airing on the premiere and new episodes each week.

Two-time Emmy Award winner Glenn Close joined the cast for the second season as a mysterious character who offers to help the troubled protagonist played by Niv Sultan. Other returning cast members include Shaun Toub and Shervin Alenabi.

Season two picks up after the events of season one where Sultan's character infiltrates Tehran under a false identity to help destroy Iran's nuclear reactor. But after her mission fails, she must plan an operation that will place everyone dear to her in jeopardy.

Apple TV+ subscribers can watch the entire first season of "Tehran" now, and season two when it premieres in May. Customers can subscribe for $4.99 per month or via any tier of the Apple One subscription bundle.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jeromecjeromec Posts: 192member
    A teaser was released a month ago already.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jeromec said:
    A teaser was released a month ago already.
    A teaser is not a trailer. It’s a teaser. They usually run under a minute. Trailers run 2 minutes and up. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,884member
    S1 was great. Now go get those fighter pilots!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    payecopayeco Posts: 581member
    Yep, I loved season 1. One of my favorite shows of 2021. 

It killed me though. I waited to start watching it until it was done so I could binge it. I somehow missed that there was actually going to be one more episode so I binged the whole thing in one weekend and then realized I was going to have to wait another week for the conclusion! NGL, I pirated the episode from a torrent since it had already all aired on Israeli TV because I just couldn’t wait. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 5
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,573member
    My recollection from season one is that only one pilot ejected safely, not two. But, like you, I thought rescuing the pilot would start season two. But the trailer doesn't seem to look like it's a rescue mission. Maybe they abandoned that plot idea.
    watto_cobra