New 'Chocolate' ad spot highlights the Apple Card's easy signup

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple has debuted a new chocolate-themed ad spot promoting the easy signup and card-less design of the Apple Card.

Chocolate
Chocolate

In the ad, which is succinctly titled "Chocolate," a man begins to eat a candy bar before realizing that he doesn't have his wallet on him. After frantically checking his pockets, he eventually pulls out his iPhone while in line, applies for an Apple Card, and is able to use the payment method before checkout.

"Get the simplicity of Apple in a credit card. Apply in minutes and use right away," Apple wrote. "No fees, unlimited Daily Cash back, and you can share with whoever you call family."

While the Apple Card offers an actual physical titanium card, it emphasizes the use of Apple Pay when paying for goods and services. For example, the card offers 2% cash back on Apple Pay purchases, compared to 1% when paying with the physical card or on other purchases.

The Apple Card, provided by Apple and Goldman Sachs, is available in the Wallet app. Currently, it is exclusive to the U.S.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,572member
    Is anyone getting this ad outside the USA?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 8
    riverkoriverko Posts: 222member
    Slowly starting to be tired that outside of USA we have to pay full prices for the products while constantly getting less services… i wouldn’t mind that there is some delay, but seeing no effort at all with spreading the services is kind of lazy and annoying…
    elijahgdope_ahminewatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 8
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    I’ve been seeing this ad for at least 2 months. Why does this article say that it’s new?
    edited April 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    riverko said:
    Slowly starting to be tired that outside of USA we have to pay full prices for the products while constantly getting less services… i wouldn’t mind that there is some delay, but seeing no effort at all with spreading the services is kind of lazy and annoying…
    Especially when Apple announces that it's "coming soon" to other countries. From what I remember Apple Pay Cash was supposed to be "coming soon" to the UK. That was 4 years ago. How long is Apple's definition of "soon"?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 82member
    Sugar is a form of carbohydrate that the body converts to glucose. Limit soft drinks as they are linked to obesity in children. Small amounts of sugar, as part of a meal, are okay. Limit foods and drinks with high amounts of added sugar. Choose foods with naturally occurring sugars such as fresh fruits.  Apple Inc. should have used Apples, than again their computers have a brick.  WOW - What about water?

• Reply 6 of 8
    techridertechrider Posts: 102member
    Clever enough to know how to apply for an Apple Card in minutes. Just not clever enough to have added other Apple Pay payment methods in the last 7 years. That’s a funny ad.
    edited April 2022 FileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 8
    TJJTJJ Posts: 14member
    Best credit card and form of payment ever invented!! Love it!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 8
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    techrider said:
    Clever enough to know how to apply for an Apple Card in minutes. Just not clever enough to have added other Apple Pay payment methods in the last 7 years. That’s a funny ad.
    There are still a lot of people who haven't had an iPhone in the last 7 years, so why would they have added other Apple Pay payment methods. Or maybe the guy prefers not to do credit but was caught in a jam. Kind of a stupid nit to pick.

TimJ said:
    Best credit card and form of payment ever invented!! Love it!
    It's my go to card. I've got a couple of other cards that have a better benefit or two than the Apple Card, but it's got so many unique features that I don't just bother with them.

watto_cobra