Ace Hardware purchases now earn 3% Daily Cash on Apple Card

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple Card users can now get a 3% cash back bonus when shopping at Ace Hardware, whether online, through the app, or at brick-and-mortar locations.

Apple Card
Apple Card

The new Daily Cash rate for Ace Hardware stores makes it the only home improvement business to qualify for the 3% cash back, the company said on Tuesday.

Standard purchases made through Apple Pay get 2% Daily Cash back, while purchases made using the physical Apple Card get 1%.

The higher 3% rate is available only at select merchants. Apple Card customers can also get the 3% rate at Nike, Panera Bread, Uber, Walgreens, Exxon Mobile, and T-Mobile.

"As the only home improvement retailer to offer 3% Daily Cash back on Apple Card, we are thrilled to offer Ace customers even more value when they use Apple Card with Apple Pay to shop online, in-app, and at Ace stores in neighborhoods throughout the U.S.," said Kim Lefko, Ace Hardware's senior vice president and chief marketing officer.

Apple Card is offered through the Wallet app in partnership with Goldman Sachs. It offers an easy signup process, a Family Sharing option, and the aforementioned Daily Cash, which is distributed back to users at the end of each day.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Good! Meanwhile The Home Depot closest to me (and the next 3 closest) still don’t even accept contactless payments. Stupid. There’s an Ace Hardware just as close so this is just another reason to go there instead.

Side note: I’m very happy with how many gas stations now accept Apple Pay at the pump. The only thing that bugs me is I still have to interact with the display, like entering my zip code. Every other place I use Apple Pay lets me hold up my watch and I’m done. It’s only at gas stations where I have to tell it if I’m using credit or debit, enter my zip code and sometimes if I want a car wash. Why is that?
    darkvader
  • Reply 2 of 8
    p-dogp-dog Posts: 131member
    Good news. Meanwhile, neither Home Despot nor Blowe’s even accept Apple Pay, quickly standing out as pariahs on the general retail landscape along with Kroger (Harris Teeter) and WalMart. 
    pslicedarkvader
  • Reply 3 of 8
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,949member
    Amen, hate going to Home Depot. One time early on I asked a clerk there when they were going to take ApplePay. She replied forcefully: “Never!” Guess they indoctrinated their employees. My Ace is about the same distance. Going to be seeing a lot more of me. 
    edited April 2022
  • Reply 4 of 8
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,256member
    *love* my local ace hardware.

maybe time to get an Apple Card 
  • Reply 5 of 8
    XedXed Posts: 2,519member
    Good! Meanwhile The Home Depot closest to me (and the next 3 closest) still don’t even accept contactless payments. Stupid. There’s an Ace Hardware just as close so this is just another reason to go there instead.

Side note: I’m very happy with how many gas stations now accept Apple Pay at the pump. The only thing that bugs me is I still have to interact with the display, like entering my zip code. Every other place I use Apple Pay lets me hold up my watch and I’m done. It’s only at gas stations where I have to tell it if I’m using credit or debit, enter my zip code and sometimes if I want a car wash. Why is that?
    Neither does Lowe's. One of the few major holdouts left.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Went to the Ace in my small town and asked if they had Apple Pay, the response was “Apple…”

I said never mind, you don’t have it.

• Reply 7 of 8
    XedXed Posts: 2,519member
    DoctorQ said:
    Went to the Ace in my small town and asked if they had Apple Pay, the response was “Apple…”

Every Ace HW I’ve been to has had Apple Pay from earlier on. I figure corporate made all them include it.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    DoctorQ said:

The Ace Hardware stores I’ve been in take it. I tend not to ask anymore, since there are still a considerable number of people that either don’t know what Apple Pay is or don’t know if it works with their equipment.