Apple TV+ 'Lady in the Lake' prepares for filming in Baltimore

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
The Apple TV+ limited series "Lady in the Lake" could start filming in Baltimore by the end of April, it has been revealed, with stars Natalie Portman and Lupita Nyong'o due on set soon.

Apple placed a straight-to-series order for "Lady in the Lake" in March, though details of production scheduling for the show were unannounced at the time. In a tweet on Saturday, the author of the best-selling novel confirmed filming will be happening soon.

In response to a question on Twitter spotted by CBS Baltimore, author Laura Lippman confirmed the show is "set to begin filming next week - in Baltimore." Lippman went on to namecheck the show's headlining stars in the same tweet.

As well as authoring the book the show is based on, Lippman is serving as an executive producer, alongside series co-writers Alma Har'el and Dre Ryan, as well as Portman and Nyong'o.

LADY IN THE LAKE. Set to begin filming next week -- in Baltimore. With Natalie Portman and Lupita Nyong'o.

-- Laura Lippman (@LauraMLippman)

"Lady in the Lake" is set in 60s Baltimore, with Apple describing the show as one "where an unsolved murder pushes housewife and mother Maddie Schwartz (Portman) to reinvent her life as an investigative journalist and sets her on a collision course with Cleo Sherwood (Nyong'o), a hard-working woman juggling motherhood, many jobs and a passionate commitment to advancing Baltimore's Black progressive agenda."

While filming is imminent, it will be some time before the show airs on Apple's streaming service. There is a chance it could premiere in late 2022, depending on the speed of production and post-production activities, as well as Apple TV+'s own release schedule.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    But does she get use Excalibur on the obviously evil antagonists, or does she have to find the new Arthur first?

PS. Oh, sorry, that’s Lady of the Lake.  Carry on.
    edited April 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    XedXed Posts: 2,568member
    I'd check it out because Apple TV+ has been hitting home runs since their inception and both are very good actors, but it also helps that the cast includes two visually appealing women.
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I'm close with the guy who did the rewrites on all the scripts (though he's not the person named in this article). Everything he touches is good (except, possibly, one of his semiautobiographical works, which is... difficult), and a lot of it is really great. Alma is not just the co-writer, but the producer, and she's been responsible for some really great work too in the last few years. So I expect this to be very very good!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    sreesree Posts: 152member
    Do people even watch Apple TV+?
    I mean they give it free to anyone who buys an apple device, and I haven't met a single person who watched any show that is on it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    XedXed Posts: 2,568member
    sree said:
    Do people even watch Apple TV+?
    I mean they give it free to anyone who buys an apple device, and I haven't met a single person who watched any show that is on it.
    LOL Then you don't know many people. I know a lot of people who have watched many of their shows from Ted Lasso to Severance to Coda, awarding winning to the best teleplays available today.

Also, what Apple device is giving away Apple TV+ for free? Did you just time travel from 2020?
    lolliverwatto_cobra