Apple TV+ shares a behind-the-scenes look at 'Tehran' season two

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple TV+ shares a behind-the-scenes look at 'Tehran' season two examining the characters' upcoming challenges.

'Tehran' season two debuts May 6, 2022
'Tehran' season two debuts May 6, 2022

The first look trailer shows some of the main cast members describing their character's journey and what is in store for them in season two. They also emphasize that the spy thriller tries to give a unique perspective on the Iranian conflict and how people in Tehran go about their lives.

Niv Sultan returns as the main protagonist who must deal with the consequences of her failed mission. At first, she wants to flee Iran, but her war against the regime becomes personal.

Two-time Emmy Award winner Glenn Close joined the cast for the second season as an undercover psychiatrist trying to gain access to an enemy through one of her clients.

"Tehran" debuted in September 2020 with great critical acclaim and even took home an International Emmy for Best Drama Series. The second season begins on May 6, 2022 with two episodes airing on the premiere and new episodes each week.

Apple TV+ subscribers can watch the entire first season of "Tehran" now and season two when it premieres in May. Customers can subscribe for $4.99 per month or via any tier of the Apple One subscription bundle.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I tried watching the first season and found it terrible, quit on it. What am I missing here?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    I tried watching the first season and found it terrible, quit on it. What am I missing here?
    That human tastes are subjective? We really enjoyed it. Espionage thriller, agent stuck in enemy territory...not exactly a mystifying genre.
    Japheytommikele
  • Reply 3 of 6
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,034member
    That human tastes are subjective? We really enjoyed it. Espionage thriller, agent stuck in enemy territory...not exactly a mystifying genre.
    I'm with you but maybe more enthusiastic about Tehran Season 1.  I LOVED the first season.  Best show ever.  Tastes differ and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Reply 4 of 6
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    I agree. This was the first TV+ show I ever watched around a year and a half ago. It’s been so long that I’ll probably watch it again before next week. I can’t wait for season 2 to start. 
  • Reply 5 of 6
    tommikeletommikele Posts: 599member
    I think your deck of cards is a few short of 52.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,572member
    It would be interesting to hear you indicate which shows you liked on Apple TV+.