AirPods Pro 2, new AirPods Max colors expected for fall launch

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
The long-awaited AirPods Pro refresh will be launching this fall, a report claims, accompanied by a collection of new colors for the AirPods Max.

Current speculation has Apple introducing an updated version of the AirPods Pro for the second half of 2022. As part of a shake-up of Apple's personal audio devices, a report claims that the earwear may be joined by a refresh of Apple's premium over-ear headphones as well.

According to the Bloomberg "Power On" newsletter by Mark Gurman, Apple will be bringing out "new AirPods Pro in the fall." It is reasoned that the fall launch is highly probable due to the original model being released in fall 2019, "so the batteries are already in trouble for some early adopters."

Rumors surrounding the AirPods Pro claim changes to the model could include a new stemless design, lossless audio playback support, improved on-device intelligence, and health-related features.

While the focus will probably be on the AirPods Pro, Apple is also said to be readying up some changes to the AirPods Max. Gurman writes there should be an "AirPods Max refresh with new colors," though stops short of saying what they could be.

There's also a lack of other detail for the headphones' changes in the refresh, but this could range from introducing lossless audio support to battery upgrades.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    thttht Posts: 5,451member
    Will be very interested in both. A nice casual pair for walking around, work, etc, and a nice high end pair for me time.

I'm in the 20%, whatever percentage, who have ears that AirPods and AirPods Pro do not that fit that well. Manageable for sitting, walking around, but not for exercise. Hopefully the new form factor is a better fit.
    edited May 2022
  • Reply 2 of 7
    gilly33gilly33 Posts: 434member
    tht said:
    Will be very interested in both. A nice casual pair for walking around, work, etc, and a nice high end pair for me time.

I'm in the 20%, whatever percentage, who have ears that AirPods and AirPods Pro do not that fit that well. Management for sitting, walking around, but not for exercise. Hopefully the new form factor is a better fit.
    Have the same problem. 
  • Reply 3 of 7
    spartadataspartadata Posts: 31member
    Who pics these colors? 
    No wonder Jony Ive left!
    steve_jobs
  • Reply 4 of 7
    KuyangkohKuyangkoh Posts: 838member
    Who pics these colors? 
    No wonder Jony Ive left!
    Timmy did
    steve_jobs
  • Reply 5 of 7
    beowulfschmidtbeowulfschmidt Posts: 2,141member
    tht said:

I'm in the 20%, whatever percentage, who have ears that AirPods and AirPods Pro do not that fit that well. Manageable for sitting, walking around, but not for exercise. Hopefully the new form factor is a better fit.
    Same here, though even sitting and just working, they'll work themselves out within the hour if I don't continually adjust them.  If I talk a lot, or eat, they'll fall out even sooner.

• Reply 6 of 7
    mulrichmulrich Posts: 10member
    AirPods never worked for me but the AirPod Pros and their soft tips work well enough. I run with them daily and I don't have any problems but may have to nudge them back into position once an hour. 

I've had the Pros since 2019 and they're showing their age but they should last until fall. If the new Pros have dramatically different ear tips I will probably just buy another of the current version. 
  • Reply 7 of 7
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    tht said:

There have been some rumors that they could be released in 2 sizes. Mine work fine for everything except running, so I would be interested if a larger size were available. 

But I would be very interested if Apple released them in multiple colors. I know they won’t, but a guy can dream.