Apple sells out of all 256GB iPod touch colors

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
A day after announcing the iPod touch would remain on sale only while stocks last, the 256GB versions of every color model have already sold out.

The venerable iPod touch was discontinued on May 10, 2022, and by May 11, stocks online were running out. At time of writing, it is no longer possible to buy a 256GB iPod touch in any of its six different colors.

Certain other configurations have also sold out on the online Apple Store, though it's possible some may yet remain in physical stores.

It is no longer possible to order from Apple:

• Silver 32GB

• Silver 256GB

• Space Gray 256GB

• Pink 256GB

• Blue 256GB

• Gold 256GB

• Product(RED) 256GB

• Product(RED) 128GB

Third-party resellers, including Amazon and B&H Photo Video, still have inventory available, with the best iPod prices at press time starting at $189.99.

The iPod touch marks the end of Apple's once dominant iPod music player. It also, though, means that the lowest cost iOS device is now the iPhone SE, which at $429, is over $200 more expensive than the base iPod touch was.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Sucks. I should have bought one last month. 
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,356member
    Every iPod Touch I’ve had since the Gen 5 has had serious battery problems. These devices are incredibly thin and have decently fast processors, which seems to be a very bad combination that thrashes the battery. 
  • Reply 3 of 5
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Beats said:
    Sucks. I should have bought one last month. 
    There’s still a shit ton of them on Amazon, fwiw. 
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 4 of 5
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,105member
    I wish they'r reissue the Gen3 (or 4?) click wheel with the fantastic sounding Wolfson DACs.  But with an SSD that didn't die like the HDDs did.