Safari has 1B users around the world, still lags far behind Chrome's market share

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    MondainMondain Posts: 22member
    I use Safari. However, when a page doesn't work, I'll open it in Chrome and then it works.

In my experience, Chrome is more compatible with a wider portion of the WWW. 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 22 of 27
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    I am a very happy Safari user on all platforms. I have Chrome and Firefox but it is very rare that I have to turn to either of those. I remember the bad old browser days - today it is unusual to have issues. At least in my world.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 27
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Wasn’t there a recent article about Edge overtaking Safari?  Seems like the figures are disputable.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 24 of 27
    danoxdanox Posts: 3,283member
    omasou said:
    Well that's 1B less Chrome users.

Not sure I understand all the love for Chrome. I don't feel that it's particularly better on Windows or Mac.

As for lack of support or poor past experience that wasn't so much related to the browser as it was to lazy developers. In the past it was "well IE is the standard" so developers only coded and tested toward it. Same story today but w/Chrome.

What is surprising is the Edge numbers. Besides the obvious lack of mobile users I read the numbers as a significant lack of Windows users and/or users who upgraded from older Windows OS and IE.  

Chrome is the replacement browser for Microsoft Windows Explorer. The perfect Google spyware.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 27
    OctoMonkeyOctoMonkey Posts: 319member
    A lot of people use Chrome, Safari or Edge because it's the default browser for some device. If you removed all the people who were using default browsers, which browser would be the most popular then?
    Excellent question!

How would you go about ascertaining people who use a browser because it is the default (pre-installed) option vs. those who use a browser because it is their choice over others?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 27
    nicholfdnicholfd Posts: 826member
    crowley said:
    Wasn’t there a recent article about Edge overtaking Safari?  Seems like the figures are disputable.
    Yes - that was for desktop only.  It's even mentioned in the article, "In May, it was discovered that Safari had dropped from the second most used desktop browser in the world to third place, with GlobalStats data showing Microsoft's Edge browser had narrowly overtaken Apple's version."

The article is for all systems - desktop & mobile (phones & tablets).
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 27
    I miss Netscape Navigator 3.0.
    watto_cobra