Nomad introduces Siri Remote Leather Cover with AirTag insert

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple didn't include Find My functionality with the new Siri Remote, but you can add an AirTag using Nomad's Leather Cover.

Add an AirTag to your Siri Remote with Nomad's Leather Cover
Add an AirTag to your Siri Remote with Nomad's Leather Cover


Like other Nomad products, the Siri Remote Leather Cover is made of Horween leather sourced from the United States. It is a uniform construction keeping the device the same thickness throughout, which is a different approach to other AirTag holders.

The molded leather fits around the Siri Remote with cutouts for the Siri button and the Lightning port. The AirTag fits within an insert underneath the remote.

If you misplace your Siri Remote with an AirTag attached, you can utilize the Find My app and the AirTag's Ultra Wideband chip to get within a few inches of the remote. There's also the added benefit of a slightly thicker, more grippy case that won't slip between couch cushions.

You can order the Nomad Leather Cover for Siri Remote in an Ashland Brown color for $39.59 on Nomad's website. Get 15% off at checkout during Nomad's "Drop-a-Palooza" promotion until Thursday.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 8
    SpitbathSpitbath Posts: 92member
  • Reply 2 of 8
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,971member
    So easily lost, this device should come with AirTag hardware built in. 
    dewmesandorwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 8
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,769member
    I will agree that FindMy should have been baked into the new Siri Remote (along with wireless charging). But, I’ve been using Apple TV since the very beginning and I’ve never once lost my remote. What the hell are you people doing differently that causes you to lose it so often that you have to pay almost $70 extra to keep track of it?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    andyringandyring Posts: 54member
    Japhey said:
    I will agree that FindMy should have been baked into the new Siri Remote (along with wireless charging). But, I’ve been using Apple TV since the very beginning and I’ve never once lost my remote. What the hell are you people doing differently that causes you to lose it so often that you have to pay almost $70 extra to keep track of it?
    You don't have kids, do you?
    12Strangersfreeassociate2JaiOh81sandorwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 8
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,769member
    andyring said:
    Japhey said:
    I will agree that FindMy should have been baked into the new Siri Remote (along with wireless charging). But, I’ve been using Apple TV since the very beginning and I’ve never once lost my remote. What the hell are you people doing differently that causes you to lose it so often that you have to pay almost $70 extra to keep track of it?
    You don't have kids, do you?
    Lol, no I don’t. Fair point, and thank you for answering. I guess when you don’t have kids, you sometimes forget to take that into account. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 8
    sandorsandor Posts: 659member
    So easily lost, this device should come with AirTag hardware built in. 

    I have always thought it should be even easier - a "find my remote" button on the AppleTV
    Physical would be best, but even a software "button" in the OS to make the remote beep.

    Remote is up there with keys & wallet in terms of "let me find it quickly".

    Tile has saved me so many times in terms of finding my wallet.
    If Apple ever gets a thin AirTag, i may switch - but they are currently thicker than my wallet is.

    elliots11watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 8
    elliots11elliots11 Posts: 290member
    sandor said:
    I have always thought it should be even easier - a "find my remote" button on the AppleTV
    Physical would be best, but even a software "button" in the OS to make the remote beep.

    100% agree, was going to write this but you got there first.  Since the iPhone also works as a remote a software solution could also work here.  Though I'd prefer a button on the device, just easier.
    sandorwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 8
    For all the comments about Apple needing to integrate this functionality in the first place, I absolutely agree, but I also think this leather case looks really nice.
Sign In or Register to comment.