Apple launches its own 'buy now, pay later' service in Apple Pay

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple has introduced Apple Pay Later, a new feature backed into the company's payment platform that will allow users to split purchases into separate payments.

Apple Pay Later
Apple Pay Later

The buy now, pay later service will allow users to split any Apple Pay purchase into four equal payments over six weeks with no additional interest or fees.

When users make an Apple Pay purchase, they'll get the option to split the cost. The purchase page will detail how much the individual payments are and when they will be due.

Payment plans are managed through Apple Wallet. The feature is also baked into the Apple Pay platform, meaning it'll already be supported in different apps and services.

In addition to the buy now, pay later service, Apple Pay also supports intelligent order tracking for purchases, allowing users to easily see when their orders will arrive in the Wallet app.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    About time Apple caught up to this. These kinds of payment options from other third parties have been a lifesaver, for me at least. 
    doozydozen
  • Reply 2 of 6
    omasouomasou Posts: 575member
    Less and less reason to use PayPal.
    Alex1Nwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    doozydozendoozydozen Posts: 539member
    So it’s agnostic to any credit card, like Apple Card? Your 4 payments are made directly to Apple, or is Goldman Sachs involved?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ionicleionicle Posts: 98member
    Available in the U.K.?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I used Paybright to buy my latest Macbook air...12 months payments, no interest at all!
    This new feature of them is kind of...pointless!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    I used Paybright to buy my latest Macbook air...12 months payments, no interest at all!
    This new feature of them is kind of...pointless!

The limit on Pay later is $1,000.00 to be paid back in 6 weeks with 4 equal payments with no interest. Macbook Air last year started at $999.00 this year with M2 is $1199.00 so neither wouldn't be eligible for this service. They offer 12 month 0% financing through Apple card for items over $1,000.00. IMHO this is for buying smaller items, not a mac or iPhone etc...