Carol Burnett joins cast of Apple TV+ series 'Mrs. American Pie'

Posted:
in General Discussion
Six-time Emmy Award winner Carol Burnett is set to join Apple TV+ series "Mrs. American Pie" as a central character.

The recipient of seven Golden Globes will join lead Kristen Wiig, Allison Janet, Leslie Bibb, Josh Lucas, and Ricky Martin, according to a report by Variety.

"Mrs. American Pie" is a ten-episode comedy series that chronicles Maxine Simmons' (Wiig) various attempts to integrate with and insert herself into Palm Beach's high society. Burnett will star as Norma, the most important person of that society,

Alongside the six Emmys and seven Golden Globes, Burnett is also the recipient of a Grammy, a Tony, two Peabody Awards, the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, and the Presidential Medal of Freedom. She starred in "The Front Page" in 1974, "Noises Off" in 1992, and of course the eponymous "The Carol Burnett Show" from 1967 to 1978, which won 25 primetime Emmy Awards during its run. She was also lauded for her guest appearance on the show "Mad About You."

Based on the novel of the same name by author Juliet McDaniel, "Mrs. American Pie" was created by Abe Sylvia and will be directed by Tate Taylor.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mikethemartianmikethemartian Posts: 1,325member
    I still watch her old show at night on MeTV.
    AutigerMarksconosciutotnet-primaryronn
  • Reply 2 of 6
    She is a national treasure. Find her first TV role – starring in an episode of the original Twilight Zone. It is a gem amidst a treasure trove.
    sconosciutoronnJWSC
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I still watch her old show at night on MeTV.
    I wasn't around to see it when it was an active show, but I also watch it now on MeTV.   She was an awesome young entertainer and the show still blows a lot of the current day stuff out of the water.  
    sconosciutodewmetnet-primaryronn
  • Reply 4 of 6
    sconosciutosconosciuto Posts: 262member
    here's a WONDERFUL interview with Carol Burnett from 2020. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/25/938906100/carol-burnett

She is a national treasure, I'm so glad she's still alive, and I'm glad she's going to share her amazing talents with us one more time.
    ronnradarthekat
  • Reply 5 of 6
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,573member
    I remember around 1980 when both ends of the political spectrum agreed that "Ms." was an appropriate term for women. But 42 years later, and some women still like "Mrs." and "Miss." I guess if people can be called by whatever pronoun they want, then they can also be called by any adjective that they want.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    I thought this plot was called Bridgerton?

edited June 2022