iPadOS 16 Stage Manager needs enhanced virtual memory that only M1 supports

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    neilmneilm Posts: 988member
    tht said:
    I'd like to see more data on this. My household has a lot of iPads and the vast majority of time, it is used in landscape.
    Two iPads in this household, and normally neither is ever used in landscape. In fact both are kept locked in portrait orientation to prevent unintentional screen rotation during handling.

The only time I ever engage landscape is to watch a movie on long flights.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,872member
    This is pretty much the only feature I’m excited about. Unfortunately, even my fancy iPad Pro can’t do it. I’m always hearing how Apple has put in more processing power than needed in their products. I guess that’s not entirely accurate. 
    It’s a marketing decision not technical, 2 forward 1 back.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,872member
    This is pretty much the only feature I’m excited about. Unfortunately, even my fancy iPad Pro can’t do it. I’m always hearing how Apple has put in more processing power than needed in their products. I guess that’s not entirely accurate. 
    I don’t know what quote you’re referring to, but this feature and it’s memory implementation wasn’t available when your product was designed, so you conclusion doesn’t really hold up. No computing product is future proof. 
    His observation probably holds up once it gets out in the wild and people and see how little it does, it will come to nothing, but it will generate more crying because the tech geeks want Mac OS on a iPad.