Amazon Prime Day is July 12 & 13 -- here's how to get the best deals
Amazon Prime Day
The retail giant on Thursday announced the new dates for Prime Day in 2022, offering deals in at least 20 countries later in the summer. As is typical, the event will see a wide range of products discounted, from Amazon's own Echo devices to kitchen gadgets or power tools.
It's official: Prime Day is back July 12 - 13, offering Prime members in 20 countries epic deals across every category.
Later this summer, Prime Day will be in India, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, as well as in Egypt for the first time. https://t.co/XNmvYMXKx1-- Amazon News (@amazonnews)
The shopping event will kick off at 3 a.m. Eastern Time on Tuesday, July 12 and end at midnight on Wednesday, July 13.
However, Amazon -- and third-party retailers -- typically have early deals as well. Currently, shoppers can save up to $300 on 14-inch MacBook Pro and 16-inch MacBook Pro models ahead of the event, so be sure to check out our Mac price guide.
Prime Day is usually one of the best times of the year to stock up on Apple products, accessories, and other tech gear. It helps if you head into the event prepared with some tips and tricks, however.
Prime Day Tips
- You have to be an Amazon Prime member to participate in the event, but the company is offering a free trial to new customers that you can take advantage of.
- Don't just look on Amazon. Other retailers like Walmart, Target, and Best Buy will often run their own sales to compete with the online juggernaut's event.
- Some of the best deals on Apple products are often at third-party retailers, rather than on Amazon itself.
- Download the Amazon app on your iPhone. It'll allow you to see upcoming deals before they're active and get notifications about deals that just went live
- Know what something costs beforehand. If you have your eye on something specific, be sure to note the price before Prime Day to see how good of an actual deal you're getting during the event.
Read on AppleInsider