Compared: Rumored 47mm Apple Watch Series 8 size versus Series 7

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    jcs2305 said:
    mattinoz said:
    bluefire1 said:
    If the AW gets much larger, we can rename it the iPhoneTiny.
    They'd have to decouple it from the iPhone before they could do that. 
    This is exactly what I dream of. It doesn't seem they're going to go any smaller with the iPhones and I pessimistically think they're not going to keep the mini going (so I'll hold on to my 12 mini, which really isn't mini enough, but it's the best I can get). So I'm just hoping for the day the watch grows even more capable and is offered completely independent of an iPhone plan. I want just my iPad for work and watch for my personal device. Probably will never happen, but a guy can dream.
    All you younger folks wanting smaller screen phones and smaller watch faces B)   Eventually your eyes will not agree no matter what you say or like about a smaller size. Personally I am not as huge person ( 6ft 1in 215lbs ) but the iPhone mini feels like a toy in my hands I could never go back to a phone that small whether I could see or not.

You may have misread what I said. I don't want a smaller phone AND a smaller watch, I want a HUGE watch so that it can just totally replace my phone. 
  • Reply 22 of 24
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    longfang said:
    Personally I would welcome a larger screen of 2.2 inch. The larger form factor would also enable a slightly larger battery to offset the increased screen size.

I have an Apple Watch 6 and I am getting ready for an upgrade. The Watch gets more and more useful every year.
    Not all of us have gorilla wrists though. Think of the little guy sometimes. 
    Did they announce a discontinuation of the smaller?
  • Reply 23 of 24
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    I hope Apple doesn't produce a flat side Watch to ape the newer iPhones and iPads. Maybe for the rumored "ruggedized" watch, an industrial-chic look.

A round Watch option would suit me fine, thought the "round watches are more elegant" is pure bullshit. But I'd add one to my watch and Watch collection in a NY minute. 

There was no small amount of teeth gnashing when the 45mm size was announced, people thinking their watch bands wouldn't fit. That didn't seem likely to me and they fit. But bumping up the size to 47mm might make the band appear a little too thin for the proportions of the Watch. I think it would be fine, and would like to see some slightly narrower bands for the S7.

How about some nicer, more elegant Watch faces. There's one that's nice in the upcoming watchOS 9 that's nice, but it's only one. C'mon Tim!