Apple's MacBook Air with M2 processor is now available to preorder

Posted:
in macOS edited July 2022
Apple has officially started taking preorders for the newly redesigned and M2-equipped MacBook Air, with orders expected to arrive as soon as July 15.

M2 MacBook Air
M2 MacBook Air

As expected, starting at 8:00 AM ET on Friday, July 8, customers can now preorder the newly redesigned MacBook Air model from Apple's website. The preorders have started about a month after the computer was announced at the company's WWDC 2022 keynote in parallel with the M2 13-inch MacBook Pro.

The new MacBook Air can be configured with 8GB, 16GB, and 24GB of unified memory. It can also be equipped with 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB of built-in SSD storage.

At preorder launch, standard configurations have availability for July 15. Anything custom won't arrive until at the earliest, August 2.

Compared to the previous generation MacBook Air, the new model has received a complete redesign with a boxier but thinner chassis, a larger display with a notch, and the next-generation M2 chip.

Additionally, the new MacBook Air sports an upgraded 1080p FaceTime HD camera, MagSafe with fast charging, and updates to its speaker and microphone system.

The new MacBook Air starts at $1,199 and tops out at about $2,499. Apple says that early preorders will arrive Friday, July 15. Additionally, it'll also appear in-store at Apple retail locations and other brick-and-mortar shops at the same time.

Stay tuned for deals on the M2 MacBook Air as inventory becomes available.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    xbitxbit Posts: 390member
    I ordered a custom higher model with 24GB RAM and such a model is still showing as delivering 25th July - 1st August for new orders. 
    edited July 2022
  • Reply 2 of 4
    carthusiacarthusia Posts: 583member
    I scored a base model—in Midnight, at 8:03am EST—as a graduation present for my nephew. I really wanted one for myself (and to trade in my 14" M1 Pro Macbook Pro). But once you go ProMotion, it's hard to go back.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ApplePoorApplePoor Posts: 286member
    I will wait and see the reviews and how a non- fan M2 system handles the heat and if heat causes throttling.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    charlesncharlesn Posts: 833member
    carthusia said:
    I scored a base model—in Midnight, at 8:03am EST—as a graduation present for my nephew. I really wanted one for myself (and to trade in my 14" M1 Pro Macbook Pro). But once you go ProMotion, it's hard to go back.
    Just curious: why were you even considering a trade-in of your 14" M1 MBP? It's only negatives vs the M2 MBA are weight and slize, but it's otherwise a significantly better laptop in pretty much every way.