Vertical Brydge ProDock for new MacBook Pro & MacBook Air now available to pre-order

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware
The Brydge ProDock is a new Thunderbolt 4 docking station for MacBook Pro and M2 MacBook Air, and it is now available to pre-order for $399.99.

Pre-order the Brydge ProDock today
Pre-order the Brydge ProDock today

The new docking station offers ten ports, a MagSafe charger, and a 135W power supply for modern MacBooks. It connects via a hidden Thunderbolt 4 plug within the docking sleeve to provide power and downstream ports.

The BrydgePro dock comes with three docking sleeves designed to fit the 16-inch MacBook Pro, 14-inch MacBook Pro, or M2 MacBook Air. The closed laptop slides into the dock to gain access to three Thunderbolt 4 ports, three USB-A ports, Gigabit Ethernet, a USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 port, an SD card reader, and a headphone jack.

The front of the docking station has a MagSafe-compatible wireless charging pad. It can provide 15W charging to iPhones or acts as a Qi charger for other wireless-charging devices.

Pre-order the Brydge ProDock from the Brydge website for $399.99. The first round of shipments begins later in the fall.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    AniMillAniMill Posts: 156member
    I’m a huge fan of the Brydge products, but this is way overpriced and engineered. $400 for a mount, though convent and cool, is still just a mount. Their previous mounts were more reasonably priced, I’ve had two. They need to make simpler versions.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    AniMill said:
    I’m a huge fan of the Brydge products, but this is way overpriced and engineered. $400 for a mount, though convent and cool, is still just a mount. Their previous mounts were more reasonably priced, I’ve had two. They need to make simpler versions.
    Mount + a TB4 dock. Not clear how much value to put on the dock, but some of the nicer ones are >$300
    AniMillwatto_cobrajeffharris
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I really don’t get NOT using a MacBook Pro as a second monitor. 
    Sticking it in a dock like this seems such a waste. Besides, wouldn’t it overheat?

For me, it’s MBP for palettes (Vectorworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.), external 27” monitor for work area. A perfect combo. 
    I have an aluminum stand for the MPB to bring it to the same level as the big monitor. 
    Then an extended keyboard and trackball (quick and easy to whip across between 2 monitors)
    All connected to a CalDigit TS3 Plus dock.

sailorpaulwatto_cobra