Celebrate National Parks with Apple's latest Activity Challenge on August 27

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Apple will commemorate National Parks in the U.S. with its annual Apple Watch Activity Challenge on Aug. 27.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

The 2022 National Parks challenge will ask users to complete a hike, walk, run, or wheelchair workout of at least a mile on Saturday, Aug. 27.

"Let's celebrate the beauty of national parks everywhere. On August 27, earn this award by recording a hike, walk, run, or wheelchair workout of a mile (1.6K) or more with any app that adds workouts to Health," the company wrote of the challenge.

As a reward for completing the activity, users will gain access to a special Activity Challenge badge. Users will also win animated stickers that can be used in the Messages app.

Apple routinely hosts Apple Watch activity challenges for various holidays, including New Years, Veterans Day, and more.

The company also generally celebrates National Parks in August across its services. In past years, it has released various curated collections of podcasts, books, and other content commemorating the U.S. National Park Service. Apple has also raised funds for related organizations.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    Oh I’d love to, I really would, and, you know, normally I’d do it. But on that date I’ll be in the midwest, in August, wearing a suit at a wedding, an outdoor wedding. 

So I just don’t see me working out that day. I’ll be lucky to not expire from heat stroke as it is.

😆
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 2
    US National Parks are jewels and the people who look after these jewels are magnificent. I have camped and bush walked in quite a few and plan to indulge myself some more. As a non-American I call upon Americans to protect and expand their National Parks. Praise to Apple for supporting US National Parks. 
    watto_cobra