Kim Kardashian Beats edition sells out in US, most countries

Posted:
in iOS edited August 2022
The Beats Fit Pro "Kim K" edition is no longer available in the US, though certain color configurations can still be bought internationally.

Update at 9:32am ET: Beats Fit Pro x Kim Kardashian are in stock at Amazon.

Apple's Beats by Dre division's latest Beats Fit Pro headphones are now sold out, or very close to selling out, worldwide. Designed in partnership with Kim Kardashian, the "Kim K" Beats Fit Pro came in the three muted, earthy colors, Moon, Dune, and Earth.

At time of writing, none of these color options remain available to buy from the US online Apple Store. The Earth color is still listed on the UK and French stores, while all three appear to remain on both the German and Japan stores.

It's possible that some US stores will have stock on-hand. Officially Apple is saying that in-store pickup is no longer available.

Prior to release, Kardashian said that she had an artist paint Beats Fit Pro models in these neutral tones, before taking the idea to the company.

"I wanted to break away from the idea that headphones have to be colorful to make a statement," said Kim Kardashian at the time. "This collaboration is special because it allows you to blend in or stand out, and Beats is known for creating products that showcase individuality."

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    “Can’t innovate anymore, my ass!”

SCNR

Edit: Oh, and, of course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QereR0CViMY ;-)
    edited August 2022 darkvaderbaconstang
  • Reply 2 of 9
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    Good work, Ms. K.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Me: "Man, no one is going to buy these. Such a bad move on Apple's part."

Apple: [proceeds to sell all they can produce.]

Me: "Evidently this is why I'm not in charge of product development."
    jas99wonkothesanebaconstangJWSCwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 9
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,757member
    JP234 said:
    Who are these sheep who think they have to have everything with a Kardashian name on it? What have these wretched people ever done other than be famous for being famous?
    There is a bigger world beyond a Geeks basement, and triple AAA games, it’s a Kardashian world and we are but passengers on it. :)
    JP234
  • Reply 5 of 9
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,945member
    The reason ear buds have always avoided flesh tones is that they didn’t want them to look like old school hearing aids. Guess it’s now cool to look like grandpa. 
    jas99baconstangJP234dewmewatto_cobrabigcountry
  • Reply 6 of 9
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,292member
    Why do I find this fact extremely repugnant?
    JP234watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 9
    sbdudesbdude Posts: 254member
    This is such a sad commentary on life. I weep for the future.
    JP234watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 9
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,099member
    Why do they have the Kardashian moniker?
    Everybody wants them, but they don't do anything?
    JP234watto_cobra