Belkin releases new USB-C 6-in-1 multiport hub with adhesive mount

Posted:
in General Discussion
The new Belkin USB-C 6-in-1 hub can be attached to the rear of an iMac for easy access to several useful ports, including Ethernet.

The Belkin 6-in-1 hub attaches to a Mac with an adhesive strip
The Belkin 6-in-1 hub attaches to a Mac with an adhesive strip

Belkin's six-port hub is designed to be attached to a Mac or PC via an included adhesive strip, but it can also be used with a MacBook on the go. The adhesive strip is affixed to a removable mount, so the hub can be detached without needing to replace the adhesive each time.

Devices like the entry 24-inch iMac or MacBook Air don't have access to more than USB C ports, so an adapter like Belkin's 6-in-1 hub can come in handy. The hub is intended to be mounted in an easy-to-reach location on the back of an iMac for quick access to the SD card slots and extra USB ports.

Ports included:

• SD card slot

• microSD card slot

• USB-C port

• Two USB-A ports

• Gigabit Ethernet port

The integrated USB-C cable uses USB 3.1 for up to 10 Gbps data transfer speed. It can be connected to any standard USB-C port or Thunderbolt port.

The Belkin USB-C 6-in-1 Multiport Hub with Mount is available on Belkin's website for $69.99.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I just bought one of these; it comes Thursday. Which port should I plug it into on my 24” iMac? The Thunderbolt/USB4 ports or the USB 3 ports. Apples spec page just lists the non TB ports as USB 3 not 3.0 or 3.1 etc. but with speeds “up to 10 Gbps”. I don’t want to sacrifice a TB port if I’ll get the same performance for this Hub which uses USB 3.1 according to this article. Belkin’s website only says USB-C with speeds up to 10Gbps. Belkin’s website does depict it plugged into the right most (from the back view) TB port, but that  could just be an aesthetic choice for the product picture. 
    Any advice AI community? I’m counting on you. 

Even after reading the article that @MalcolmOwen ;wrote I’m lost. 
    Maybe @Andrew_OSU ;can help as he usually has a good handle on these sort of spec topics.
    edited August 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 10
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,422member
    Still no USB-C for USB-C ports. :neutral: 

I am waiting for a hub that can support more than four USB-C ports. Much all my devices are USB-C. 

JaiOh81grandact73watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 10
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    belkin kit is expensive.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 10
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    netrox said:
    Still no USB-C for USB-C ports. :neutral: 

I am waiting for a hub that can support more than four USB-C ports. Much all my devices are USB-C. 
    This has four. Do you really need more than four devices sharing a single USB port?

https://www.amazon.com/Satechi-4-Port-USB-C-Hub-Compatible/dp/B09BNXMHSL/

watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 10
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    Does the adhesives damage the case or leave a residue once removed?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 10
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    mattinoz said:
    Obviously it's designed to strip anodized finishes from aluminum.

mattinozwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 10
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    mattinoz said:

Given that is an essential part of the product differentiation I would have thought it warranted a mention in the review. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 10
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    mattinoz said:
    mattinoz said:

Given that is an essential part of the product differentiation I would have thought it warranted a mention in the review. 
    It's one click away, clearly linked.  And not really a review.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    mbenz1962 said:
    I just bought one of these; it comes Thursday. Which port should I plug it into on my 24” iMac? The Thunderbolt/USB4 ports or the USB 3 ports. 
    Use a USB 3 port and not a Thunderbolt port. With the re-categorizing of the USB spec, deciphering specs has become a realm for the nerd-worthy. The up to 10Gbps is all you really need to know.

crowley said:
    It's one click away, clearly linked.  And not really a review.
    Fair points. While not a critical mention in a product announcement, I see it as another positive bullet in a list of features. No doubt Mattinoz isn't the only one thinking of this. Props for posting the extra point! 5-yard penalty though for unnecessary snark.

And Belkin seems quite chuffed with this offering. Getting Apple's blessing comes at a price.