Apple issues sixth developer beta of macOS Ventura

Posted:
in macOS
Apple has handed a new macOS Ventura version 13.0 beta build to developer testers, with the sixth build now accessible.

macOS Ventura developer beta 3 now available
macOS Ventura developer beta 4 now available

The newest betas can be picked up via the Apple Developer Center for those enrolled in the test program, or through an over-the-air update on hardware running the beta software. Public betas generally appear within a few days of the developer versions, via the Apple Beta Software Program website.

The sixth beta replaces the fifth, which landed on August 8. Apple previously brought out the fourth beta on July 27.

The third developer beta was issued on July 6. The second developer beta landed on June 22, while the first arrived following the WWDC keynote on June 6.

The final public version will arrive this fall, alongside other operating system releases.

The sixth beta is build number 22A5331f, replacing the fifth build, 22A5321d.

AppleInsider, and Apple itself, strongly recommend users don't install the betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, as there is the remote possibility of data loss or other issues. Instead, testers should install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to make sure there are sufficient backups of important data before updating.

Among the inbound features in macOS Ventura is Stage Manager for app management and multitasking, Live Captions for video, changes to Finder and System Settings, improvements to Spotlight, Continuity Camera, Passkeys, changes to Messages and Safari, and a brace of photo improvements, among other elements.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Without telling us what’s new in the latest build, there is no point in posting this.
    jdw
  • Reply 2 of 4
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    tokyojimu said:
    Without telling us what’s new in the latest build, there is no point in posting this.
    I'll give them a pass because this is a developer release. Developers can easily get a very detailed description of what's new on the developer site. I suppose one of the AppleInsider staff who has a developer account could copy and paste the Release Notes from the developer site, but as a developer I'd rather just go to the developer site directly because there are embedded links to other content in the Release Notes. These links wouldn't work in a copy & paste scenario so it's not worth it for AI to burn time on it. Their article is sufficient to remind developers to go take a look if they are interested.
    lukeiAlex1N
  • Reply 3 of 4
    rezwitsrezwits Posts: 879member
    tokyojimu said:
    I goto AppleInsider, and when I see this, I then goto one of my developer machines, and check for update, and update.

SHRUG?  works for me...
    lukei
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I'm still not impressed with Shortcuts. Still limited in functionality.

Anyone able to get Books to run off external drives? We have a bunch of audiobooks, that used to run on external drive with iTunes, and are now on internal drive. Internal drive is running out of space. I've copied the books to an external drive, but can't seem to run the books off that external drive.