T-Mobile Magenta Max now includes Apple TV+ for free

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited August 2022
Subscribers to T-Mobile's Magenta Max plan will get Apple TV+ included at no extra cost starting August 31.

Get Apple TV+ for free with T-Mobile Magenta Max
Get Apple TV+ for free with T-Mobile Magenta Max

On Monday, T-Mobile announced a new joint promotion between it and Apple that gives Magenta Max customers a free subscription to Apple TV+. T-Mobile says the Magenta Max plan offers over $225 in added value each month, and that this new promotion only extends that value.

The Magenta Max plan starts at $140 per month with three lines, unlimited 5G data, free Netflix HD, and 40GB of high-speed mobile hotspot. It is the most premium plan offered by T-Mobile.

"Magenta MAX customers love streaming. So of course, we're giving them more of what they love, because that's just what the Un-carrier does," said Mike Sievert, CEO at T-Mobile. "It's moves like this -- giving customers more without asking more from them -- that have made T-Mobile the value leader in wireless. Now, with America's most-awarded 5G network, T-Mobile customers don't have to choose between the best value and a great network."

The offer does not apply to existing Apple One subscribers. Customers can redeem the free subscription as a separate Apple TV+ subscription valued at $4.99 per month starting August 31.

Apple's streaming service offers dozens of award-winning TV shows and films. The company has made it easy for customers to stay subscribed since its 2019 debut through various free trials and offers, and this latest T-Mobile promotion is sure to attract even more viewers.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Is the free ATV+ in addition to the free Netflix or is it replacing the free Netflix?

Does anyone know if TM still buys out contracts when switching carriers?
    edited August 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    I already have free Apple TV+ and do not use it. 
    As a Magenta Max customer I would prefer no free Netflix or Apple TV + and a lower price.
    What a novel idea - less unwanted features and a lower price.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    davgreg said:
    I already have free Apple TV+ and do not use it. 
    As a Magenta Max customer I would prefer no free Netflix or Apple TV + and a lower price.
    What a novel idea - less unwanted features and a lower price.
    Can you gift it to someone?  Seems a waste otherwise.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    It's not just the expensive Magenta plans. I have two phones on the most budget plan and was offered free AppleTV+ for the next year.  I was an early subscriber when the service was originally released and kept it for a year and a couple of months but had discontinued a while back. Free gets me roped for another look-see.

Apple is plainly pushing for subscribers whether paying or not.