Leaked Apple Watch Pro case accessory shows two extra buttons

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited September 2022
Images of what are claimed to be Apple Watch Pro cases, include a cutout for one extra button, and what could be a protective cover for a second.

Apple is expected to unveil a new, possibly larger version of its Apple Watch at its September 7, 2022 event. Now a multiple photographs showing what appears to be third-party protective covers have been leaked.

Leaker DuanRui, who has a long but mixed record in leaks, has shown a series of different-colored protective cases.

In response, Sonny Dickson has also tweeted images, including one of what looks to be a third-party protective casing and also strap.

There is no information about what the extra physical buttons could be for, but it's a reasonable extrapolation that they may provide workout and fitness options. Apple has long been rumored to be preparing a more rugged or sports Apple Watch, and it's easier for runners to find and press a physical button than to work the touch screen.

Previous reports have speculated that the new Watch could feature a temperature sensor, specifically to detect fevers. Most recently, it's been claimed that an Apple Watch Pro will cost $900 at launch.

The Apple Watch Series 8 launch will be in the iPhone 14 event on September 7.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    One of them could be USB-C fast charging?
    edited September 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    anoylla said:
    I wouldn’t put any money on that. Most people charge it overnight so fast charging a watch has little value proposition. While I charge mine in the morning while I get ready, this hasn’t offering any problems. The night stand charging docks are very cool and I can’t seem them switch it to a plug. 
    caladanianwatto_cobralolliver
  • Reply 3 of 7
    omasouomasou Posts: 611member
    anoylla said:
    Why would Apple add hole into a device that they are trying to make more water resistant/waterproof?
    caladanianwatto_cobralolliversphericmike1
  • Reply 4 of 7
    anoylla said:
    I wouldn’t put any money on that. Most people charge it overnight so fast charging a watch has little value proposition. While I charge mine in the morning while I get ready, this hasn’t offering any problems. The night stand charging docks are very cool and I can’t seem them switch it to a plug. 
    I don’t know, I just tried to guess what FOUR BUTTONS could be used for and according to the new facts, which want the European Union to require USB-C in all gadgets, it could be such a port.  It could also free up the bottom of the Apple Watch for more sensors.  It is only a hypothesis that remains to be seen if it will come true on September 7.  As for whether a USB-C port gives less water resistance, it has been proven not to be the case.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    neilmneilm Posts: 995member
    anoylla said:
    anoylla said:
    I don’t know, I just tried to guess what FOUR BUTTONS could be used for and according to the new facts, which want the European Union to require USB-C in all gadgets, it could be such a port.  It could also free up the bottom of the Apple Watch for more sensors.  It is only a hypothesis that remains to be seen if it will come true on September 7.  As for whether a USB-C port gives less water resistance, it has been proven not to be the case.
    Wait, you’re trying to argue that USB-C doesn’t have worse water resistance than no charging port whatsoever? 
    caladanianwatto_cobraFileMakerFellermike1
  • Reply 6 of 7
    omasouomasou Posts: 611member
    anoylla said:
    anoylla said:
    Previously, Type-C connector offers IP68-rated protection when mated
    https://www.electronicspecifier.com/products/cables-and-connecting/usb-type-c-cables-and-connector-are-waterproofed

There are companies advertising waterproof USB C but do not specify if they require a plug or matted cable?

Either way, the physical size of even a short USB C connector would require removing a good portion of battery capacity.

EU’s press release says the new legislation applies to devices “that are rechargeable via a wired cable.", i.e. doesn't apply to wireless charging
    watto_cobralolliverFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 7 of 7
    anoylla said:
    If you're using the watch to track your sleep patterns, fast charging is useful. When I did this I would charge the watch while I had a shower and got dressed; usually this would only cover ~90% of the battery drain from the day before, so some days I would also charge it in the evening while watching TV.