Apple rolls out new leather & silicone cases for iPhone 14 lineup

Posted:
in iPhone
Coinciding with the announcement of the iPhone 14, Apple has unveiled several new silicone and leather cases to keep your new phone safe in style.

Image Credit: Apple
Image Credit: Apple

The cases, which are now in the online Apple Store, are available in leather and silicone.

As always, there is also a clear flexible plastic case for those who prefer to let their new device take center stage.

The silicone cases are available in Chalk Pink, Elderberry, Lilac, Midnight, Red, Storm Blue, Succulent, and Sunglow.

The clear and silicone cases are MagSafe compatible and available for $49.

The leather cases are available in Forest Green, Ink, Midnight, Orange, and Umber.

Like the silicone cases, the leather cases are compatible with MagSafe. Leather cases can be purchased for $59.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    I’ve tended to leather folios and wallets but somehow I’ve been using the same marigold silicone case for months now instead of my leather wallet. So this time I’ve just ordered the yellow silicone to start and we’ll see. I think it’s because I drifted away from carrying cards in the phone case. So then I didn’t need the bulk. So Fay no display issues which was my one fear. 
  • Reply 2 of 5
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Does anyone out there use the Apple Clear Case? Does it have any grip at all? Or is it a bit on the slippery side?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Japhey said:
    Does anyone out there use the Apple Clear Case? Does it have any grip at all? Or is it a bit on the slippery side?

Yes, the Apple clear case is slippery like the phones. It's a stiff shiny plastic with just enough flex to pop the the phone in and out. On the plus side, it's easier to pull out of my jean pockets.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Japhey said:

Yes, the Apple clear case is slippery like the phones. It's a stiff shiny plastic with just enough flex to pop the the phone in and out. On the plus side, it's easier to pull out of my jean pockets.
    I have a clear case for my iPhone 12 Pro. Definitely a little slippery. My biggest gripe is that it ends up with cracks everywhere. I rarely take my phone out of the case, but just the few times I've done that have created numerous stress cracks in the bottom where it ends up flexing. 

Anybody have that same issue?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    stoneyg said:
    Japhey said:

I have a clear case for my iPhone 12 Pro. Definitely a little slippery. My biggest gripe is that it ends up with cracks everywhere. I rarely take my phone out of the case, but just the few times I've done that have created numerous stress cracks in the bottom where it ends up flexing. 

Anybody have that same issue?
    I just want to thank you both for your responses. Based on your feedback, It’s not for me.