Apple TV+ profiles Selena Gomez in new documentary

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Acclaimed "Only Murders in the Building" star, award-winning singer and Grammy-nominated musician Selena Gomez is the subject of the latest Apple TV+ documentary film.

Perhaps best known now for starring in Hulu's "Only Murders in the Building," Selena Gomez also continues to have what Apple describes as "unimaginable stardom" in her music.

"Selena Gomez: My Mind and Me" is a film by Alek Keshishian, who previously made the documentary, "Madonna: Truth or Dare."

"As a recording artist, Gomez has sold more than 210 million singles worldwide and amassed over 45 billion global streams of her music," says Apple. "After years in the limelight, Selena Gomez achieves unimaginable stardom."

"But just as she reaches a new peak, an unexpected turn pulls her into darkness," continues Apple. "This uniquely raw and intimate documentary spans her six-year journey into a new light."

Gomez's music career includes a 2022 Grammy nomination for her first all-Spanish album -- and shooting a 2019 music video on an iPhone 11 Pro.

Apple has bought the worldwide rights to "Selena Gomez: My Mind and Me," from the production companies Lighthouse Management + Media, and Interscope films. It's the second time Apple has worked with these firms, following their previous Billie Eilish documentary.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    This will be worth watching. Kudos to Apple for highlighting extraordinary people from countries other than the English speaking parts of the world.
    rs0212watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    While kudos do go to Apple for expanding horizons, Ms. Gomez is from Grand Prairie (Dallas) Texas. 
    forgot usernameentropyswatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    dcgoodcgoo Posts: 280member
    Didn’t she grow up with no Spanish skills? Learning the language as a teen. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
     Can't find this on Apple TV plus
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    rs0212 said:
     Can't find this on Apple TV plus

it's not out yet

• Reply 6 of 6
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    This will be worth watching. Kudos to Apple for highlighting extraordinary people from countries other than the English speaking parts of the world.
    Texas?