Apple's homepage is experiencing partial outages

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2022
Apple's website is currently experiencing issues and partial outages, causing the site to load incorrectly for many users.

On Wednesday evening, the Apple website began experiencing intermittent outages. Most notably, images did not load, and instead, the website showed plain texts and simple hyperlinks to product pages.

Occasionally, the website would return a 403 error, informing the user that they did not "have permission to access this resource." Apple's Services page currently returns a 404 error.

Many individual product pages appear to be working, and Apple's Support site is still functional. Certain product pages, such as Apple's Mac store page, are not fully functional.

Apple's System Status page does not show any other Apple services as unavailable, suggesting that the outage may be limited to just the website.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Is Apple forgetting Hyper Text Mark Up Language (HTML) or they are concentrating on proper coding of Objective-C - which they call Swift!!!  The ironies of LiFE!!
    lkruppwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    Ah, thanks for the heads-up. I thought one of my ad/content blockers was messing me up, as is often the case.
    netroxwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Paul_B said:
    Is Apple forgetting Hyper Text Mark Up Language (HTML) or they are concentrating on proper coding of Objective-C - which they call Swift!!!  The ironies of LiFE!!

A couple of things.
    • That looks to be missing CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), which is separate from HTML. The HTML is there, but the styling is broken.
    • Objective-C and Swift are entirely different languages. What were you getting at here?
    watto_cobradewme