Favorite Pricey mac furniture, drool...

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    maybe it is just me, but i don't want a desk with wheels....something about putting a computer or lcd on a movable desk is disquieting...

but then i was raised in southern california and woke up with a dresser on top of me after an earthquake....

i also went to college with lots of drunken dorm guys who often fell into desks and furniture and stuff...

g
  • Reply 42 of 50
    spookyspooky Posts: 504member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

me want! very much want! like a moody-poo!

hi guys,

does anyone have a web link for catalogues of this stuff? especially the ones posted in the first few posts?

thanx
  • Reply 43 of 50
    here is one site

and the catalog forms is here

g
  • Reply 44 of 50
    here.....

is the other.....

g
  • Reply 45 of 50
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    God, the DWR stuff is beyond expensive....anybody heard of lightly used office equipment warehouses?

For my college setup, though, instead of an annoying-to-transport solid wood desk (like I have at home - huge, was in an office before), I got a modular snap-together solid plastic unit with a hutch. It doesn't look at all as tacky as it sounds, either. 's been nice for the time I've had it.

Iceberg Enterprises (modular polymer office furniture)
  • Reply 46 of 50
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member

• Reply 47 of 50
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Forgot to post this up, they're expensive but I like them, from Bretford, www.DigitalHubWorkspace.com The crank mechanism is really cool, it works through a chain and sprocket design hidden inside the table surface itself and hand crank folds away flush with the surface. Nice and simple, contemporary without looking spacey or cheap. Much too expensive though. The video doesn't seem to be either safari or PC friendly, but check out the PDF for a better sense of how the crank works.

If they cost half what they do I'd buy it, but not for what Bretford wants too charge.
  • Reply 48 of 50
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    As the search feature works now with the new forum software, I finally found again an old thread about the coolest computer desk. Some furniture that might fit into this thread might be come from here ...
  • Reply 49 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

Forgot to post this up, they're expensive but I like them, from Bretford, www.DigitalHubWorkspace.com The crank mechanism is really cool, it works through a chain and sprocket design hidden inside the table surface itself and hand crank folds away flush with the surface. Nice and simple, contemporary without looking spacey or cheap. Much too expensive though. The video doesn't seem to be either safari or PC friendly, but check out the PDF for a better sense of how the crank works.

If they cost half what they do I'd buy it, but not for what Bretford wants too charge.

Nice compromise between gimmicky futuristic crap and traditional desks.
  • Reply 50 of 50
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    If I were to get an iMac, I'd probably pick up one of these things.

More of a 'station' than a desk I suppose, but I like it.