• Reply 21 of 29
    g-dogg-dog Posts: 171member
    SP 2 is out
  • Reply 22 of 29
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

no popup blocking??? or ad blocking

im not happy... \ may as well use safari without these features...

Also spelling is not turned on by default, as in safari

damn, still needs some work

Grab PithHelmet for Safari (works with v71, too).... Beautiful ad blocking... it looks like it was built into Safari from the get-go.

Grab it here

It really is getting better every release
  • Reply 23 of 29
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Nice browser--no one is really commenting on it, but it has wonderful speed compared to the last time I was able to stomach OmniWeb...they've come a long way.

And the interface is still gorgeous, and they are smart enough to have a "mail to" button for the toolbar--THAT is a must-have for me.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Hey, what about CSS2? Can anybody comment on that?
  • Reply 25 of 29
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mrmister

And the interface is still gorgeous, and they are smart enough to have a "mail to" button for the toolbar--THAT is a must-have for me.

They have the best interface and toolbar I've seen in any application.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Tim and Rick at Omni have described in some general terms the threading issues and layering of WebCOre with the rest of the Omni libraries. Speed is definitely improved quite a bit. The OW bookmark management in particular (not just the drawer, but the update badges, dead links, etc.) is wonderful. Great start!
  • Reply 27 of 29
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by costique

Hey, what about CSS2? Can anybody comment on that?

It's WebCore. 'nuff said.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    There are some things about OmniWeb that make me happy.

I like having the option of using the drawer or having a seperate window for bookmarks. I like Safaris bookmark manager for managing my bookmarks but for day to day browsing I like the drawer.

Can't wait to see what else they have going on. I have noticed much better rendering speeds compared with 4.2.

I don't know if I will use 4.5 for all my browsing but I will for some. I still like Camino and Safari more but it looks like good things are coming from the fellas at the OmniGroup.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    SP8 is out! OW has really been active...