Apple documentary 'Selena Gomez: My Mind & Me' debuts at AFI Fest

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple Original Films will premiere the documentary "Selena Gomez: My Mind and Me" worldwide at AFI Fest in Hollywood and on Apple TV+.

"Selena Gomez: My Mind & Me"

Attendees at the red carpet event include Gomez and Keshishian, "Selena Gomez: My Mind & Me" producers Michelle An, Katherine LeBlond, Aleen Keshishian, Zack Morgenroth, Stephanie Meurer, and Caitlin Daley, and others associated with the documentary.

The film will premiere in select theaters and globally on Apple TV+ Friday, November 4.

"Selena Gomez: My Mind and Me" is a film by Alek Keshishian, who previously made the documentary "Madonna: Truth or Dare." Apple describes the film:
After years in the limelight, Selena Gomez achieves unimaginable stardom. But just as she reaches a new peak, an unexpected turn pulls her into darkness. This uniquely raw and intimate documentary spans her six-year journey into a new light.
Gomez has sold over 210 million singles worldwide and achieved over 45 billion global streams of her music. In 2022 she received a Grammy nomination for her first all-Spanish EP and an Emmy nomination for her role in the award-winning series "Only Murders in the Building," in which she stars opposite Steve Martin and Martin Short.

"Selena Gomez: My Mind and Me" is the second project for Apple with producers Lighthouse Management + Media and Interscope Films. They previously collaborated on the Emmy Award-nominated documentary "Billie Eilish: The World's a Little Blurry."

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    JP234 said:
    So yet another Disney Pop Tart bursts into the spotlight, makes a ton of money, befriends some really bad people, gets hooked on drugs, has a meltdown, and spends years recovering her sanity and control over her addictions.

And this is branded as "After years in the limelight, Selena Gomez achieves unimaginable stardom. But just as she reaches a new peak, an unexpected turn pulls her into darkness. This uniquely raw and intimate documentary spans her six-year journey into a new light."

This is NOT unique in any way. Unique would be a story like the late Annette Funicello, the OG Disney Mousketeer, who lived her entire life as a role model, never even remotely considering activities that would damage the reputations of Walt Disney, the 
    Disney Corporation, or herself. Disney Corp. has changed, and not for better, now in the business of pimping young girls and then discarding them when they have trouble, just the way the studio system of MGM used to do with performers like Judy Garland or Elizabeth Taylor.

I think most of her stepping away from the spotlight was because of her health, not drugs. She had a kidney transplant in 2017 as well as lupus and myositis currently.
    roundaboutnowlolliverbyronl