The Roadmap, will Bush act on the israeli/palestinian issue?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    rashumonrashumon Posts: 453member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

Any discussion about the Bush team's intent in the Middle East should refer to this site. It provides many clues.

and this one too

The architects of the PNAC (Wolfowitz et al) shape Bush's foreign policy. Many of them are ultra-hawkish, ultra- conservative Jews who are committed to Zionism.

Yeh sure...blah blah blah..... let it go Sam, we all know its all one big ZOG conspiracy.....

I thought you had a little more sense then this...
  • Reply 22 of 27
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    SJO is much more bearable once you put her on the ignore list.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:

Many of them are ultra-hawkish, ultra- conservative Jews who are committed to Zionism.

You call that ?committed??

Feh!!!

I believe there are at least three members of this forum who actually took up arms for Zionism (and that includes at least one ultra-dovish social-democrat).

Now that's what I call ?commited?.

Quote:

Originally posted by rashumon

Israeli and world opinion are behind a compromise

Indeed, unless things abruptly changed in the last few months, a peaceful compromise involving a Palestinian state has certainly made inroads into the Israeli political mainstream, however, it must involve an end to the conflict.

Israelis won't negoiciate while fired upon.

So, it's divided in three parts: 1. cease-fire; 2. negociations; 3. peace treaty.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    "I believe there are at least three members of this forum who actually took up arms for Zionism (and that includes at least one ultra-dovish social-democrat)."

I can't tell--is this tongue-in-cheek, or is that true? If true I'd love to hear some stories.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    I.G.: I believe there are at least three members of this forum who actually took up arms for Zionism (and that includes at least one ultra-dovish social-democrat).

Quote:

Originally posted by mrmister

I can't tell--is this tongue-in-cheek, or is that true? If true I'd love to hear some stories.

Yes, it is true.

Elsewhere in these boards (on the ?but she can't buy a beer? thread) I also addressed this issue.

Other than that, I have grown to find all things military rather distasteful (I don't have any regret, though), so don't expect me to provide personal old war stories on demand.

Sorry.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Egads people. Open your eyes. US Foreign Policy can't solve this; only the combatants can solve this. Why don't people get that? What political success stories regarding this process (har har) have you seen that lead you to believe otherwise?

• Reply 27 of 27
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Any discussion about the Bush team's intent in the Middle East should refer to this site. It provides many clues.

and this one too

The architects of the PNAC (Wolfowitz et al) shape Bush's foreign policy. Many of them are ultra-hawkish, ultra- conservative Jews who are committed to Zionism.

And your thoughts on the PLO's intentions? You seem more than willing to point out policies that might benefit a zionist agenda, but seem less enthusiastic about pointing out the PLO official policy of 'liquidating' the jews in the Israel.