• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

You are right i miss the old one

The new smilie looks like plastic surgery gone wrong

- T.I.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    might be nice to keep a couple for charter service...

the ny rangers would probably buy one
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Just brilliant, the two major technological acheivements of the 1970s are gone.

World Trade Center....gone - to be replaced by a pile of habitable debris. "It's like September 12th, only with Air Conditioning!"

Concorde....gone - it's place in the sky to be taken by the latest 747 clone.

Others are in terminal decline (see: The Space Shuttle)
  • Reply 24 of 27
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The Installer

The new smilie looks like plastic surgery gone wrong

- T.I.

At least the teeth are in place
  • Reply 25 of 27
    When the Concorde was first shown to the public at Le Bourget, in the late sixties, I thought it would be like the De Haviland Comet: a bold if clumsy pioneer, soon to be superceded by more effcient designs from North America.

You have to understand that in those days every new thing was outperforming its forebears in every respect. In the fireld of aeronautics we've seen it go from the Dakota to the Concorde and the Boeing 747 in twenty years.

Compare that with the fllowing thirty years: from the B747 to the new, imporved, extended B747, now with personal viewscreens (let's ignore the A-3XX, not yet in regular service).

In the background were the outstanding years (ca. 1950->1975) of unprecedented development and advancement not only in the industrial countries (where the majority of the population was acceding to the relative safety of middle-class income) but in most newly independent countries as well (back then these were actually developing countries, with progress in access to medical treatment, life expectancy, education?).

If only for the fact the Concorde reminds me of those years, I'm a little sad to see it go.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by kelib

At least the teeth are in place

BTW what's the "?" doin' in your profile "From:"? Take it out at once

- T.I.