Mondo is releasing vinyl soundtrack of Apple TV+ show 'Severance'

Posted:
in General Discussion
Mondo has announced a collectible vinyl soundtrack for "Severance," a thriller TV series on Apple TV+. Praise Kier!

The premium Innie Edition
The premium Innie Edition

The record has two versions, each offering unique packaging, colors, and merchandise. They will go on sale Wednesday, November 23 at 12:00 PM Central Time.

The first version of the record is the "Innie Edition," a limited-numbered edition of 5,000. It's pressed on classic black vinyl inside a custom concertina office folder.

The Innie Edition features a Music Dance Experience card, a record safety card, an Eagan bingo sheet which is a family name from the show, four character cards, a hidden map of the severed floor, and a Lumon disco bag. This premium option is $60.

The basic Outie Edition
The basic Outie Edition

The second version, called the "Outie Edition," is a white vinyl record inside a spot-varnish gatefold sleeve with a printed inner sleeve. Initial pressing comes packaged with a 3/4 reverse board slipcase and costs $35.

Theodore Shapiro scored the soundtrack for "Severance," and Greg Ruth did the packaging artwork for both records.

Apple TV+ viewers can watch "Severance" here.

Read on AppleInsider
spheric

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I am a sucker for Super Deluxe Editions so I am pretty happy with this releasing on vinyl!

It is a little pricy for a single vinyl, but compared to some of the ridiculously priced SDEs (like the GnR Appetite for Destruction set), it seems par for course. 
    watto_cobraFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 2 of 3
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,041member
    Count me in. This looks excellent! Might buy both editions as I'm sure the after-market for these will be through the roof.
    watto_cobraFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 3 of 3
    The show's theme always sounded to me like a modified version of the Mission Impossible theme - the composer playing with the tempo and note duration. The incidental music, just someone noodling on the piano in a spacious room and feeling out the play of semitones.

Still interesting and appealing, but there's something about it that feels a little bit unsatisfactory.