Tim Cook's Japan tour continues at Sony iPhone camera facility

Posted:
in General Discussion edited December 2022
Apple CEO Tim Cook and SVP of marketing Greg Joswiak are continuing their tour of Japan, visiting a Sony facility and taking a look behind the scenes at the iPhone camera sensor's provider.

Tim Cook touring a Sony facility [Twitter/@Tim_Cook]
Tim Cook touring a Sony facility [Twitter/@Tim_Cook]

Tim Cook and Greg Joswiak are representing Apple's management on a trip to Japan, on a typical PR tour of companies connected to the iPhone maker. Late on Monday, Cook's Twitter account offered details of the latest stop of the international journey.

Continuing from Monday's image of a visit to Kumamoto Castle, Cook posted another photo, this time from Sony's Kumamoto operations. "We've been partnering with Sony for over a decade to create the world's leading camera sensors for iPhone," tweets Cook, before thanking Sony's team for the tour around its "cutting-edge facility."

Thank you to the Apple Ginza team for the warm welcome back to Tokyo -- and for all you do for our customers! pic.twitter.com/PYHwE5ursm

-- Tim Cook (@tim_cook)

Cook later made the standard visit of an Apple Store location, picturing himself among staff at the Ginza storefront.

A few hours later, Cook posted another, this time visiting Konami. Referencing Frogger and eSports, Cook proclaims "a great video game pushes the boundaries of innovation, technology, and creativity."

Joswiak retweeted the image, adding "Japan's gaming culture is legendary and we're excited to have games from the creators at Konami on Apple Arcade and App Store."

While it is unknown how long the executive trip will last, it is likely to feature a few more stops. On a previous trip to the UK and Europe, Cook attended a number of events and took part in interviews, which he is likely to also do in Japan.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,295member
    Nice to highlight the non-Chinese parts of the supply chain. Japan is a particularly appealing partner — democratic, highly advanced, benevolent, dependable. 
    ravnorodomlolliverjony0
  • Reply 2 of 7
    The moment I visited this page, manga ads are everywhere. LOL.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    blastdoor said:
    Nice to highlight the non-Chinese parts of the supply chain. Japan is a particularly appealing partner — democratic, highly advanced, benevolent, dependable. 
    Don’t know too much about Japanese culture or history, huh? Might want to do some research before weird-ass things like that.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Let’s not forget Sony built Apple’s PowerBook 100!   I wouldn’t mind if they built whole Apple item again.  Sad that now China builds many of Sony’s products...
    blastdoor
  • Reply 5 of 7
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,295member
    blastdoor said:
    Don’t know too much about Japanese culture or history, huh? Might want to do some research before weird-ass things like that.
    1. Pre WW2 is irrelevant at this point
    2. Everything is relative. Compared to almost every other country in Asia, my description is on the money. 

FileMakerFellerlolliverjony0
  • Reply 6 of 7
    blastdoor said:
    blastdoor said:
    1. Pre WW2 is irrelevant at this point
    2. Everything is relative. Compared to almost every other country in Asia, my description is on the money. 

My experience of Japan in 1996 supports your glowing appraisal. My Chinese (Taiwan) relatives may have less favorable family memories, but I suspect that their grace and the graces of Japanese society align in hoping for and working toward a better future. Plowing history in hope of overturning artifacts of iniquity will easily succeed. Making the case that we are better rather than different, and plausibly worse, is harder. / wild and sweet the words repeat /.
    edited December 2022 FileMakerFellerlolliver
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Hopefully, this meeting of minds included plans for moving to square image sensors.