Some Apple HomeKit setups are breaking after iOS 16.2 update

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    One of my HomePod minis was no longer responsive, then it wouldn't accept my correct Apple ID password, then it would get stuck 'Setting up' when I factory reset. I updated it manually via my Mac to 16.2, still nothing. Then Apple Support suggested that I check my Apple ID two-step verification, and when it got stuck in 'Password & Security' I knew that was where the issue was. I simply restarted my phone at that point and the set up went through seamlessly.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Yes I noticed my HomeKit which is largely a Phillips Hue system of lighting in a 1000sf loft and an AppleTV 4K associated with a flat panel Samsung TV and 2 original HomePods, was not fully functional and dis-coordinated in the ways discussed in comments above.  I just left the system alone and did nothing.  It updated itself through all the devices and sensors over a period of 8 hrs, so by the end of the day, everything was back to "normal".
    welshdogwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Resolved yet? 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Hi All,

I updated to iOS 16.2 on my iPhone, iPads and Apple TV. 

I have two HomeKit locations and both of them (over a period of a few hours) are showing that ALL of my WeMo devices are unresponsive. I've tried removing devices and reattaching them which works for a few minutes before the devices all show "not responding" in my Apple Home app on my iPhone. This has also been true for my Ecobee thermostat and my Hunter Douglas Blinds Hub. 

Anyone else experiencing this? Any fix suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks!
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Hi All,

I updated to iOS 16.2 on my iPhone, iPads and Apple TV. 

I have two HomeKit locations and both of them (over a period of a few hours) are showing that ALL of my WeMo devices are unresponsive. I've tried removing devices and reattaching them which works for a few minutes before the devices all show "not responding" in my Apple Home app on my iPhone. This has also been true for my Ecobee thermostat and my Hunter Douglas Blinds Hub. 

Anyone else experiencing this? Any fix suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks!
    This sounds very similar to the issue I’m having with my Eufy devices. I don’t have any WeMo devices but all my Hue lights are working fine. When I remove and reattach the cameras it will show the video for a couple of seconds before becoming non responsive. I contacted Eufy support but they were not able to help. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 29
    red oak said:
    Moving your Home on a Release Candidate Beta takes balls of steel .  God bless you 
    Read the article you are responding to since you clearly didn't.  This isn't a beta.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    snookie said:
    red oak said:
    Moving your Home on a Release Candidate Beta takes balls of steel .  God bless you 
    Read the article you are responding to since you clearly didn't.  This isn't a beta.
    Maybe take your own advice? 

From the article: “Neil Hughes, the former managing editor at AppleInsider, also reported issues with his setup, though perhaps much more chaotic. One of his user accounts became unresponsive. 

He eventually decided the only path forward was deleting the home and starting over. He attempted the move on the Release Candidate beta, though that didn't make a difference for most.”
  • Reply 28 of 29
    netrox said:
    HomeKit is sorely behind on many features that should be included. 

First, they need to have a clear way for users to access to logs. There is none. 

Second, they need to visually present the user what is expected with an automation. There's none. 

Third, they need to provide "Accessories" in sidebar which they don't. The accessories are hidden in "Home Settings" which make no sense at all. 

Fourth, when they need to rebuild HomeKit network, they need to have a "log" of all accessories. There's none. 

HomeLog for MacOS. The iOS and iPadOS versions are useless because they do not work in background.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    The Home upgraded to 16.2 fine...except my wife's account on it disappeared.
    I tried adding her again multiple times, but the invite either didn't come through or, when it did, it failed once accepted.
    We have tried both sending and accepting the invite on Macs, iPhones, and iPads.
    We have been in contact with Apple Support who suggested switching off any VPNs.
    I have tried rebooting all the hubs and AppleTV.
    Still no success, after about three days of trying, on and off.
    Very frustrating.

[EDIT] And now it is suddenly working. I think it took several hours for the hubs and AppleTV to reboot and settle down completely. Weird.
    edited December 2022