Steve Jobs hand-numbered Apple-1 sells for $442,118

Posted:
in General Discussion edited December 2022
An Apple-1 has fetched over $442,000 at auction, a board that's not only fully functional but also hand-numbered by Apple co-founder and CEO Steve Jobs.

Apple-1 [RR Auction]
Apple-1 [RR Auction]

The auctioned board, sold on December 15 by RR Auction, had an initial estimated price of $375,000, but the final total went far beyond that figure.

The lot, returned to an operational state by Apple-1 expert Corey Cohen in 2018, is hand-marked by Jobs with the stock number 01-00002. The condition of the board was evaluated by Cohen as 8.5 out of 10, and worked without fault in comprehensive testing, and is listed as number 78 on the Apple-1 Registry.

The board was accompanied by the original Apple-1 operation manual, Apple Cassette Interface, two original ACI manuals, a period surplus ASCII keyboard, period "open frame" Sanyo 4205 video monitor, a new period-style power supply with original Apple-1 power cable and connector, and period cassette interface cables.

At the same Science and Technology auction, a Steve Jobs-signed NeXT brochure sold for $18,210 and a NeXT Computer 1988 Early Production Model went for $6,094. An Auburn University football signed by Tim Cook fetched $5,681.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    JP234 said:
    How much for my NextStation? In the box, with all discs?
    I’ll bid my entire FTX account. 🤪
    watto_cobraFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Cool!  The chips are on sockets!  It'll be so easy to up the RAM and storage   ;)
    watto_cobraFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I'll wait until it comes out with a bigger monitor.
    FileMakerFeller