Users report horizontal lines on iPhone 14 Pro display at startup

Posted:
in iPhone
An unknown number of iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max users report seeing green and yellow horizontal lines across their devices' displays.

It's not clear how many users are affected, but in the last ten days there have been a series of social media reports and requests for help from Apple. The company's support team is aware of the issue, but has not yet released a specific recommended fix.

We're here to help with the display on your iPhone 14 Pro Max. Use the following link to join us in DM and let us know if you're seeing multiple horizontal lines, along with the iOS version shown in Settings > General > About. This will help guide us through steps. https://t.co/GDrqU22YpT

-- Apple Support (@AppleSupport)

Apple appears to believe that it's likely a software issue. Users on Reddit have been told this by Apple support, but restarting the iPhone and updating iOS does not appear to help.

The lines do disappear once the iPhone has completed starting up, however.

This apparent software issue comes after a combined hardware and software issue that saw blurry and shaking video footage in third-party camera apps.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,731member
    The lines do disappear once the iPhone has completed starting up, however.

A nothingburger.
    netroxwatto_cobraapplebynature
  • Reply 2 of 6
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,481member
    Ok, let's see, it's showing that line at startup but as soon as the Home Screen appears, it's gone? 

hardly a pressing issue. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 946member
    Lines that go away once the startup is complete? A tiny bit of distraction but otherwise…

I do get it though, it’s out of the ordinary so is the iPhone going to unexpectedly fail since it’s got issues? people get used to a certain pattern, odd changes to such an important device and they worry. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I dropped a grand on mine, and patiently waiting for delivery.  C’mon Apple!  Anything weird like this and I will return it for a refund.  No loyalty at this freaking price.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,826member
    The Tweet says when waking the screen, not when starting up. Almost all the Reddit posts refer to when waking the screen, not when starting up. That is a significant difference, a mild lack of polish vs a major fault impacting usability. 

Maybe try reading the quoted and linked posts before writing an article @WilliamGallagher ? Does this place not have an editor at all anymore?
    edited December 2022 muthuk_vanalingamapplebynatureCluntBaby92
  • Reply 6 of 6
    elijahg said:
    The Tweet says when waking the screen, not when starting up. Almost all the Reddit posts refer to when waking the screen, not when starting up. That is a significant difference, a mild lack of polish vs a major fault impacting usability. 

Maybe try reading the quoted and linked posts before writing an article @WilliamGallagher ? Does this place not have an editor at all anymore?
    Wow...Just wow AI...What absolute shit reporting once again. All i had to do was click on the the reddit user link YA'LL provided and spent 1 minute reading the comments to see that no one even mentioned it happening at "startup". This is a much bigger issue then what this article makes it out to be. 
    elijahgCluntBaby92