L'Oreal Magic Brow will print eyebrows with iPhone's help

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2023
The new Brow Magic device from L'Oreal can print eyebrows on anyone's face with an accompanying iPhone app.

L'Oreal Brow Magic
L'Oreal Brow Magic

Developed by L'Oreal in partnership with the tech company Prinker, it helps people create a personalized look with their eyebrows without needing professional services.

It's a handheld device with 2,400 nozzles that deliver up to 1,200 dpi (drops per inch) printing resolution for results that only take seconds. L'Oreal has an augmented reality technology called Modiface that scan's a person's face and makes recommendations for micro blading, micro-shading, and filler effects.

To get started, a person can open the L'Oreal Brow Magic app and scan their face
To get started, a person can open the L'Oreal Brow Magic app and scan their face

To get started, a person can open the L'Oreal Brow Magic app and scan their face using the Modiface brow reader. Choose the desired shape, thickness, and effect, then brush L'Oreal's primer through the eyebrows.

Next, move the printer across the eyebrow in a single motion and apply a topcoat finish to preserve the application.

L'Oreal says the eyebrow printing can be easily removed with a standard makeup remover
L'Oreal says the eyebrow printing can be easily removed with a standard makeup remover

L'Oreal says the eyebrow printing can be easily removed with a standard makeup remover.

The company expects the Magic Brow to launch in 2023.

AppleInsider will be covering the 2023 Consumer Electronics Show in person on January 2 through January 8 where we're expecting Wi-Fi 6e devices, HomeKit, Apple accessories, 8K monitors and more. Keep up with our coverage by downloading the AppleInsider app, and follow us on YouTube, Twitter @appleinsider and Facebook for live, late-breaking coverage. You can also check out our official Instagram account for exclusive photos throughout the event.

Read on AppleInsider
williamlondon

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    I've always been amazed by women who completely take their eyebrows off just to paint them back on. Now I'm just waiting for a hack to let me apply a pencil mustache with this thing.

Actually, I had an idea a few years ago that someone should make a temporary tattoo printer. Roll it over your skin and you can get a professional-looking tattoo for a day. Reapply it as often as you like or just switch to a different tat when you get bored with it.
    jony0
  • Reply 2 of 11
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,464member
    Do they have a mustache or chest hair printer?
    JP234jony0
  • Reply 3 of 11
    In-app purchase for Designer Brazilians? 
    jony0
  • Reply 4 of 11
    i imagine ransomware hackers doing something with this.

lordjohnwhorfinviclauyyc
  • Reply 5 of 11
    It won't surprise me if around Halloween time that Vulcan eyebrows will be all the rage. But seriously, this device opens up endless creativity for those not afraid to experiment. L'Oreal could corner the market if they rework the device for temporary tattoos (it would likely need a wider print swath).
  • Reply 6 of 11
    That looks very attractive. If you’re a cyborg.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    JP234 said:
    At last! I've been waiting for something, anything, that can fill in that gap between my eyebrows, so I can look like Colin Farrell.
    Or look like Mandi Patinkin

• Reply 8 of 11
    L’Oreal Brow Magic: Leo G. Carroll edition.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,034member
    Don't forget to set the orientation for Portrait and not Landscape!
  • Reply 10 of 11
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,126member
    williamh said:
    Don't forget to set the orientation for Portrait and not Landscape!
    heheh! I think that applies more to the "Brazilian" comment!

As for temporary tattoos… That already exists. https://www.prinker.us/

appleinsideruser