M2 Pro & Max GPUs are fast -- but not faster than M1 Ultra

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    I’m glad the mini stays the same form and size. Makes it easier for mounting. I’m sure the rack people think the same thing. I made a crude mount to hold a monitor, and two Mac mini’s to an old iMac arm with the plexiglass from an old iMac. One mini was a m1 and the other a 2014. Then the 2014 died. 

I wish Apple would keep the same form for iPhones. It is a pain to find stuff for old iPhones. Can’t find things for the x, however my 2nd gen se is able to use 3rd gen se. 
  • Reply 22 of 23
    keithwkeithw Posts: 140member
    This is what I'm getting with my 5 year old iMac Pro with an eGPU. If and until I can match this with a Mac Studio (or maybe a Pro,) I don't think I'll be upgrading.  Of course, as others have pointed out, they could certainly port the Intel drivers to ASi and allow eGPUs.

cgWerks
  • Reply 23 of 23
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    keithw said:
    This is what I'm getting with my 5 year old iMac Pro with an eGPU. If and until I can match this with a Mac Studio (or maybe a Pro,) I don't think I'll be upgrading.  Of course, as others have pointed out, they could certainly port the Intel drivers to ASi and allow eGPUs.
    This would be so good for us (users), but I suppose it would pretty much destroy any mid to high-end ASi configurations. The vast majority of us could just get a Mac mini, add an eGPU, and be set. There would be almost no need for the Studio, or maybe even Pro/Max/Ultra chips. IMO, the GPU situation is pretty much THE current issue for Apple. They’ve solved most everything else in terms of computer hardware.