Apple is engaged in a 'silent war' against Google, claim engineers

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 1,989member
    sflocal said:
    I strongly agree with others here that it’s not only old engineers that hold the grudge. Android is stolen property as Steve once said. I have hated them since that day. Irrational and immature? Sure, but they deserve it. 
    Stolen property the same way Apple stole the graphical UI and the mouse from Xerox?
    Or, Apple stealing the idea of a streaming music service from Spotify while they were selling individual tracks and albums?
    Or does the entire concept of “Sherlocking” ring a bell?

Everyone does it. Grow up, man.
    It happened in 2007.

Revolutionary as the iPhone was, you cannot (and should not) protect abstract concepts like a user interface or the idea of a touch screen. You can only parent specific methods and systems and usually not the software side, as it should be.

That people like you continue to distort the Xerox licensing just goes to show your agenda.  People like you will literally lie to suit your agenda.  Go read up on that Xerox deal.  There's nothing "stolen" about it.
    Let me help with that: https://appleinsider.com/articles/13/08/10/xerox-parc-the-apple-inc-macintosh-innovator-duplicator-litigator
    designr
  • Reply 42 of 48
    omasou said:
    Hoping Apple starts releasing hardware w/their HomeKit update.

I really want to de-Google my life.
    Why wait? There's plenty of good HomeKit hardware options out there that have nothing to do with Google. I suppose there's nothing quite like the Google Nest Hub on the Apple side if that's what you're after, although an iPad permanently hooked up to a speaker or two would accomplish more or less the same thing I'd think.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member
    I'm okay with this.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    DAalseth said:
    Google Maps is still superior. I cringe whenever an app opens into Apple Maps instead of Google. 
    Please explain. I have never used Google Maps. 
    I find that surprising. GM seems to be what a lot of things default to. 
    For me the difference is Street View. I can look up an address in either, get a route in either, get turn by turn directions in either. But I really like the ability to go into Street View and see what the place looks like. That way when I get close I know what I’m looking for.  
    I have never installed it so I guess nothing can default to it on my end.

I get that it could make it easier to find a place you are unfamiliar with if you saw what it looked like in Street View, but I use Apple Maps in my car all the time and haven’t had an issue finding a destination because I didn’t know what the building looked like.

Still, the person I quoted said they cringe whenever Apple Maps opens. Not having Street View doesn’t seem cringe-worthy to me. I’m just curious what it is they cringe about.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    I hope Apple is secretly funding DuckDuckGo. 
  • Reply 46 of 48
    greg uvan said:
    I hope Apple is secretly funding DuckDuckGo. 
    DuckDuckGo licenses the Google search index. They don't spider the web themselves.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    Rhythmage said:
    In the google chrome logo is 666 hidden. Take a look at it in plain sight. I don’t like google.  I just use youtube to promote my music. Google is dirty. 
    So Google has a tribute to the price of the original Apple computer in the Chrome logo?