New DJI Mini 2 SE can fly up to 31 minutes while shooting video

Posted:
in General Discussion edited February 2023
The newest drone from DJI is the Mini 2 SE, an affordable entry to the company's drone lineup that can fit in the palm of a hand.

The new DJI Mini 2 SE drone
The new DJI Mini 2 SE drone

The Mini 2 SE is an ultraportable, regulation-friendly drone that weighs less than eight ounces and is exempt from drone laws in several regions worldwide. Its 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor can film videos at 2.7K resolution and capture photos at 12 megapixels.

Users will have a maximum flight time of 31 minutes with the drone, which supports up to six miles of HD video transmission. The sophisticated gimbal makes a 3-axis mechanical stabilization mechanism possible for continuously smooth pictures.

When recording HD films, the robust camera's 4X digital zoom feature enables users to switch between shots of various distances and compositions. The Mini 2 SE also has QuickShots and Panorama modes for creative images.

Users will have a maximum flight time of 31 minutes with the drone
Users will have a maximum flight time of 31 minutes with the drone

Intuitive flight controls on the drone offer one-tap takeoff and landing, stable hovering, and a return-to-home feature. It also has Level 5 wind resistance, which means it can fly in wind speeds ranging from 19 to 24 miles per hour.

Pricing & Availability

The DJI Mini 2 SE will be available for $369 starting March 22. The company will offer the Mini 2 SE as part of a "Fly More Combo" bundle with additional batteries, replacement propellers, and a carrying case for $519.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,096member
    Curious what connection this has to Apple....other than perhaps AI sells ads to DJI? 
    algr
  • Reply 2 of 7
    eightzero said:
    Curious what connection this has to Apple....other than perhaps AI sells ads to DJI? 
    They do sell Dji products in Apple Store.
    lolliver
  • Reply 3 of 7
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,096member
    eightzero said:
    They do sell Dji products in Apple Store.
    Well...ok then.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,036member
    I don't care if there is an Apple connection.  This article on drones is interesting to me.  If you don't want to read it, nobody will make you.

I've only ever used really cheap (<$100) drones and I suspect in this area you really get what you pay for.  My guess is that the cheapo drones are harder to fly than more expensive ones because they don't have the stability and other features and that this is an example of a drone that's good enough.  A few years ago, I think good enough was probably at least $500 and I didn't want to spend it.  I'll think about this.

Are bigger heavier drones easier to fly, considering wind etc.?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Do we know that Apple will continue selling new DJI products?  I do see that they still have the Mini 2 listed, but they have since delisted the Mavic Air 2 and never listed newer small consumer drones that have been released in the past year or so (Mini 3, etc).  Wondering if they're phasing them out for some reason?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,384member
    I don't care if there isn't an Apple connection. Articles on drones interest me, particularly if they are dji drones, for which I have an affinity. 

JonDiesel said:
    Do we know that Apple will continue selling new DJI products?  I do see that they still have the Mini 2 listed, but they have since delisted the Mavic Air 2 and never listed newer small consumer drones that have been released in the past year or so (Mini 3, etc).  Wondering if they're phasing them out for some reason?
    Apple seldom announces that they are going to discontinue a product or that they've discontinued a product. We find out from sites like this. Nor does Apple carry a full line of some manufacturer's products. How or why they choose to carry any specific product is known only to Apple. Given the price of dji drones it doesn't surprise me they would carry only one model at a time. I'm in no market for a new drone and didn't know their was a Mini 2 SE, so this article is a pleasant surprise.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,373member
    eightzero said:
    More connection than a former employee designing a logo for previous world institution ripe for disruption!

Radio_Signal