Jony Ive designed the royal emblem for King Charles' coronation

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    macxpress said:
    lkrupp said:
    So now you're covering every little pfft that comes out of Sr. Jony?! How about covering his contribution to Apple Park rather than this high school level clip-art fluff that is rivaled only by his celebratory red Halloween pumpkin nose!
    Yeah, so-called techies always tend to dismiss the importance of art and design when it comes to consumer products. Just put it in a cardboard box as long as it has good benchmarks. I’ve seen my share of fake techie creations in plastic cases with flashing LEDs and giant fans whirring away. Just drop by YouTube’s Linus TechTips where design means bupkis. 

Ive is a British citizen, Charles III is his King. He did his part for the coronation.
    "so-called techies"……guess I fit that category in that I've been programming computers since the days of mainframes, and I've built home computers and synthesizers since the 1980's. I'm also a commercial artist and composer with 40+ years of experience, so maybe my comment has some weight behind it. My point was that I've yet to see an article from AppleInsider about anything as significant as Sr. Jony's contribution to the most valuable property on the planet, not to mention contributions to the often superb Apple Stores around the world and so on and so forth. (PS:  Not particularly a fan of Linus, but admire the YouTube network he's created)
    I know design is debatable but honestly his designs later at Apple sucked and I think they held Apple back a lot. His obsessions with thinness made Apple create some not so great products towards the end. Maybe they looked nice but he always designed form over function IMO. I think Jony leaving Apple has left them in a better place today. 
    Yes we now have 2 laptop families still related but both very fit for purpose. A range of desktop see waiting to see full picture but yes again looking distinct as market targets. 
    Design still has a shared language but product are allowed to fill their niche in Apples recent releases. So I'd have to agree Ive influence had it time but its time had come. 
  • Reply 22 of 24
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Wow, talk about getting off-topic, I thought I'd switched to an Agricultural website.  ;)

That said, it's a nice design, for an obsolete institution.  Then again all the alternatives seem to suck too.  What to do? 
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Seems quite a bit like the official LoveFrom logo to me.