Apple releases iOS 16.3.1, iPadOS 16.3.1, watchOS 9.3.1 updates

Posted:
in iOS edited February 2023
Apple has released iOS 16.3.1, iPadOS 16.3.1, and watchOS 9.3.1 with bug fixes and other performance improvements.

iOS 16.3.1 is out
iOS 16.3.1 is out

Apple previously released iOS 16.3, iPadOS 16.3, and watchOS 9.3 on January 23, with tvOS 16.3 following on January 24. The significant features of those updates brought support for hardware security keys and added compatibility for sensors found in the new HomePod and HomePod mini.

Users can download iOS 16.3.1, iPadOS 16.3.1, and watchOS 9.3.1 to their respective devices. The new releases contain the usual bug fixes and performance improvements, though Apple has singled out some changes.

A fix has been included for iCloud settings, which can be "unresponsive or incorrectly display if apps are using iCloud." There's a second fix for instances where Siri requests to Find My failed.

There are also optimizations to the Crash Detection feature on the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models.

The beta testing cycle for iOS 16.4 and the rest is expected to start soon. There are several features Apple has promised for impending release, but no official release windows have been provided.

How to update to the latest releases

Devices update automatically within a day or two, depending on the user's settings. Those who want to install the update sooner can do so manually.

For iOS and iPadOS, users can navigate to the Settings app, select General, then Software Update. Apple Watch users can update via the Watch app by selecting General, then Software Update.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Also released tvOS 16.3.1.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Is this a developer/public beta update or public update?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 9
    It looks like it is a general update. It just took a while for the update to populate. Interesting that I noticed when I updated the tvOS it read 16.3.2 not 16.3.1.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 9
    ??? I just downloaded iOS 16.3.2, not …3.1.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 9
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    There are also optimizations to the Crash Detection feature on the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models. 
    I expected this. As good as the Apple engineers are, I knew they would be refining this feature once real world data came in. That’s how engineering works. I expect that each time they adjust it, the number of false positives will decrease.

gregoriusmwilliamlondonappleinsideruserwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 9
    dcgoodcgoo Posts: 280member
    bigpoppa said:
    TVOS 16.3.1 was released last week 
    gregoriusmwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 9
    dcgoo said:
    bigpoppa said:
    TVOS 16.3.1 was released last week 
    Yep.The TV update today is 13.3.2.
    gregoriusmwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 9
    M68000M68000 Posts: 719member
    DAalseth said:
    There are also optimizations to the Crash Detection feature on the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models. 
    I expected this. As good as the Apple engineers are, I knew they would be refining this feature once real world data came in. That’s how engineering works. I expect that each time they adjust it, the number of false positives will decrease.

Yeah but, as more iPhone 14’s and then iPhone 15’s are put in service, the number of false positives will probably increase?  I’m not against the feature, seems to be good.  But keep in mind, this feature seems destined to stay in all future iPhones, so more chance of false positives?!
    Alex1Nwatto_cobra